Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Paddy Buckley Round

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Completed in 57.27
    What an absolute legend.
    First treble, double round.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    So, the sub 48 is out then.
    That would be a big ask, think I heard somewhere that for an average person the Paddy is an hour longer than a Bob Graham. Very well done Nicky

Master
    Very Well done Nicky. I think the Paddy is the toughest of the lot. To go round twice at any speed is beyond super human.

An amazing achievement. Well done Nicky.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    That would be a big ask, think I heard somewhere that for an average person the Paddy is an hour longer than a Bob Graham. Very well done Nicky
    Someone tweeted their congratulations on completing a double Paddy Buckley and had an almost instantaneous response that it was not a double PB as the second leg was not under 24 hours. Sums up Twitter nicely methinks!
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Unreal achievement, well done Nicky.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Someone tweeted their congratulations on completing a double Paddy Buckley and had an almost instantaneous response that it was not a double PB as the second leg was not under 24 hours. Sums up Twitter nicely methinks!
    Well, they are obviously not very well initiated as the PBR doesn't stipulate a sub 4 hour completion. Thee are several people on Paddys register who have completed in over 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    Well, they are obviously not very well initiated as the PBR doesn't stipulate a sub 4 hour completion. Thee are several people on Paddys register who have completed in over 24 hours.
    Here, here; you beat me to it.
    Paddy never did stipulate a time, just that the round should be completed as "one journey". PBR member #1 took around 27 hours.
    BUT you do need to be under 24 hours if your PBR is to get you into the "Big 3 Club".
    Last edited by wheezing donkey; 21-05-2019 at 12:06 AM.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    Well, they are obviously not very well initiated as the PBR doesn't stipulate a sub 4 hour completion. There are several people on Paddy's register who have completed in over 24 hours.
    Including me and Sue. We walked the route over two days with a wild camp below Yr Aran. Paddy checked with Wendy and they were happy that it counted as a 'Continuous journey'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    BUT you do need to be under 24 hours if your PBR is to get you into the "Big 3 Club".
    That is interesting Ian. I hadn't thought of that. So only Paddy's with a sub 24 are on all 3 completers list. I would think there are some all 3 completers therefore who have come up an hour or two short and therefore failed to make the cut!! That leaves a dilemma as to whether they then go and try it again., when you've already given everything you have.