Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clough Head

Hope you are looking forward to tomorrow, we certainly are as it looks like it is going to be a lovely day. Some final thoughts:

Please please please share cars. Follow signs for the official race parking. The participant list is on resultbase.net so you can see who else is entered to share cars with.

Let me know if you are arriving by minibus (I only know of Holmfirth Harriers so far). If you are staying over in a van tonight, please can we kindly request that you vacate the cricket club car park by 10am and use the competitor parking.

Please take care on the Newsham road (where the start/finish is) as runners are likely to be going very fat on here. Men should take particular care on their warm up.

The men's start is likely to be a bit congested, please be patient and follow the directions of the marshals as they shepherd you.

Don't make any assumptions about kit requirements based on the weather forecast. Come prepared to carry full kit, the kit requirements will be posted at registration. Maps will also be on sale.

Please share cars (saying it again because I really mean it!)

I'm also delighted to share our bumper prize list with you. A massive thanks to all the businesses who are supporting the race. As you can probably tell, there will be some really generous spot prizes so please stick around for prize giving. The race entry system has a 'random entrant generator' so I'm hoping it will be the most efficient spot prize-giving you've ever seen.

Headline sponsors: Pete Bland sports and Inov-8.

£375 Inov-8 Vouchers (Inov-8)

£200 Pete Bland Sports vouchers (Pete Bland Sports)

Voucher for Inov-8 Mudclaws (Needle Sports)

Salomon Race Vest (Salomon and George Fisher)

Magnum of Champagne (George Hotel Keswick)

Bottle of Highland Park Whisky (George Hotel Keswick)

£40 Meal voucher (George Hotel Keswick)

16 x Cumberland Ale (George Hotel Keswick)

6 x Mountain Fuel Goody Bags (Mountain Fuel)

Ice Climb Experience Voucher (Kong Adventure)

Krazy Kong Experience Voucher (Kong Adventure)

£15 Fellpack voucher (Fellpack Cafe Keswick)

18 Pairs of Inov-8 socks (Inov-8)

Inov-8 Buff and Water Bottle (Cotswold Outdoor)

Sam (I'm not a prize, I'm just signing off the message)
    Last edited by steady; 05-05-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Cheers. Just checking FF team.😂
    I see all my team are running. Good luck to everyone.

Banned

Hope you had fun yesterday, your shoulders aren't too pink and your quads allow you to walk down the stairs facing forwards.

Thank you for coming, and for eating lots of cake. The Primary school raised over £1,500 which is brilliant. Add that to the over £2,000 which will be donated to charities via the race funds and it was a huge success. I'll post up the final numbers later.

These figures were made possible in part by the following businesses who either donated prizes or supported in some other way: Inov-8, Pete Bland Sports, The George Hotel Keswick, Mountain Fuel, George Fisher, Needle Sports, Kong Adventure, Cotswold Outdoor, Brysons of Keswick, Fellpack Keswick, The Horse and Farrier (Threlkeld).

Results are here: https://resultsbase.net/event/4364/results. Please let me know of any errors before I submit them to the FRA.

This was a one-off for the English Champs but if you enjoyed the venue we have Helvellyn & the Dodds on 27th May and Kong Adventure hold a Clough Head race over a similar route as part of their winter series, look out for it next year.

I have loads of lost property, some of which is really starting to smell so please have a look and claim it if you can. See the following link for pics: https://t.co/eYW0TxwpTN

I'll be at Fairfield on Saturday and you can contact me on [email protected] to claim something.

Cheers

Sam

http://keswickac.org.uk/kac-races/clough-head/

I've got an entry in for this. The procedure on the day is really complicated and you have to start running wearing a face covering...

I think i may as well get used to this as early as possible. With leisure events not being seen as worth a shit by our leaders it'll be a long haul getting back to normal.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    http://keswickac.org.uk/kac-races/clough-head/

I've got an entry in for this. The procedure on the day is really complicated and you have to start running wearing a face covering...

I think i may as well get used to this as early as possible. With leisure events not being seen as worth a shit by our leaders it'll be a long haul getting back to normal.
    I'm not in this one, but doing the Clough Head-Dodd race from same venue (and same organisers) a few weeks later.

I don't personally think the procedure is that complicated. Start wearing a covering and take it off once out the field. Line up in some vague order of ability.

Small price to pay to get races back on... I did a number of races last year with more stringent procedures (staggered starts), and away from the start line it was business as usual really.

The less said about that the better, old ladies getting by me and allsorts. Diaphragm cramp set in about 2mins into the descent and jelly legs followed shortly after. A sorry shitshow of a performance. The only saving grace was that some nitwit further up was losing their jelly babies, so in honour of this message board's original Grandmaster, Merrylegs, i picked up and ate them all announcing to other runners nearby that i would not see them going to waste. RIP Merrylegs, the mrs must have cancelled his weekend money.

Some of the gear in that place is unbelievable, its like being in Willy Wonkas chocolate factory. They had a gigantic crawling excavator which looked like it might be 3ph electro-hydraulic, amongst a plethora of vintage kerosine powered scoops and cranes. I didn't have time to work out how to get into the crawling thing because the fell race was about to start, i think you might need a ladder.

Sorry to hear it didn't go so well. The next race will be better. It's always tricky the first one back after a long lay-off.

Well done MrB.... despite your comments, it looks like your descent was comparatively good from viewing the splits.

I am looking forward to the Clough Head - Dodd race from the same venue in 3 weeks time.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Sorry to hear it didn't go so well. The next race will be better. It's always tricky the first one back after a long lay-off.
    There was pretty much nobody from Yorkshire there at all. The Lakes lot had the prize list to themselves, and with having had no interruptions to their training it seemed like a walkover. I remember looking up at the last traverse to the summit and realising how far back i actually was, my calves were killing and i was dropping to a walk quite easily.