Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clough Head

Clough Head

Clough Head entries close this Sunday, this includes entry transfers so get yourselves sorted ASAP. Post below if you are looking for/looking to get rid of an entry. The mens race is full but there are still places remaining in the womens race.

Also there are a number of people that look like they have the wrong team against there profile - cycling teams etc probably as a result of entering other races on the entry website. Check your team if you can and change it by Sunday please.

Further race info will be posted over the next few weeks, I'll post updates on here and on Facebook.

Cheers
    Sam

Competitor information will be posted out over the weekend.

Please bring your own safety pins. They will be available at registration at a cost of 50p for a set of 4. All money raised this way will be donated to a charity that supports recycling projects in developing countries.

West Cumberland Orienteering Club have produced a high quality map (1:12500 and waterproof) which will be on sale for £2 at registration. All proceeds will go to towards West Cumberland Orienteering Club Juniors to help them travel on their biannual training tour with the North West Junior Squad.

Anyone want a Woman's place? I wont be running it this weekend as I'm not fit enough. Let me know if you want it and I'll follow the transfer criteria below. I don't want any money for it but you can put something in the chosen MRT box on the day if you wish. I will see you there as I'm watching the hubby shoot up the hill :-)

Substitutions for the event are now available. If the race is full, and you would like a place, you will need to find someone who is prepared to transfer their place. This needs to be someone from the same sex as we can only manage transfers within each race (think of them as separate races – which they are). Whoever is transferring their place will need to follow this process (TRANSFERS) – you will need to arrange payment between yourselves. Please also remember to update the vehicle and ICE information on the entry (see HERE). You will also need to sign an FRA disclaimer form on the day. Sorry we can’t offer an automated system or a centrally managed waiting list – please don’t contact us to seek a place or offer up your place – we recommend the FRA Forum or Fell Runners UK Facebook page.

Competitor information document:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Look forward to seeing you all on Sunday!

The best competitor information I have ever read from an RO

"All competitors are entitled to ONE pasty each,. This will be a curried vegetable pasty and allergen information is available in Appendix A. These are being made fresh for us by Brysons of Keswick and will be available from 12.45 at the cricket club. If you pinch more than one pasty all you are doing is depriving our marshals and you will be named and shamed on social media as a pasty thief. If it looks like there will be any spare we will let you know."
    See you there Steady :-)

http://keswickac.org.uk/kac-races/clough-head/

just trying to be helpful - if you need the checkpoint names and grid refs I have found them on the keswick website linked above

(I couldn't see them in Sam's doc)

Banned
    Have you got the entry list too please Daleside?

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Have you got the entry list too please Daleside?
    https://resultsbase.net/event/4364/participants :-)

Banned
    Cheers. Just checking FF team.😂

Quote Originally Posted by steady View Post
    West Cumberland Orienteering Club have produced a high quality map (1:12500 and waterproof) which will be on sale for £2 at registration. All proceeds will go to towards West Cumberland Orienteering Club Juniors to help them travel on their biannual training tour with the North West Junior Squad.
    I've seen the maps, they are excellent. You need a race map so please support the WCOC Juniors* by buying one. First come, first served!

*WCOC Juniors - a talented bunch with runners at the Junior World and European Youth Orienteering Champs, and Junior European Cup this year!