Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Groovy Kinder Love

Groovy Kinder Love (30th September 2018) – notes to competitors

Kit check
    There will be a kit check at registration, please come to registration with full FRA kit: waterproof whole body cover (with taped seams and integrated attached hood), hat, gloves, map of the route, compass, whistle and emergency food.

Time cut-offs
    To prevent marshals being on the fell for too long, there will be a time cut-off in place. Runners reaching checkpoint 7 after 2.00pm will be asked to remove their numbers and make their own way off the hill.
    If you think you need more time to complete the course, there will be an early set-off for slower runners at 10:15am (45 minutes before the normal race start time).

Use of GPS
    As this is the first running of the race, the use of GPS devices is permitted.

It's looking like a reasonable forecast for tomorrow. See you all there. Don't forget to bring full kit with you.

Thanks for putting on this epic race around the peaks, love the amount of route choice that's allowed. Hopefully it will be repeated every year.
    Special thanks to the marshals for standing around in the harsh winds.

It was me at kinder low, bloody freezing. Could not believe how many different directions people came from. Amazing winning time, 2:22

& it was me and Beau Dog at CP3 ... also bloody freezing! I was still thawing out 2hrs after getting home. What a super organised race. Been a long time since I saw so many route choices in a fell race. It really wasn't a case of follow the leader as from CP3 they were going in all directions. Starva flyby's are fantastic! Well done everyone and Noel ... brilliant organisation, brilliant route, brilliant race :-) Job well done :-)

Yes, thank you Noel, and everyone else involved, including DrPatrickBarry, RaceTheSweeper and all the other marshalls – I hope I said thank you in person. I was certainly thinking ‘Thank you’, even if I didn’t have enough puff to get the words out clearly.
    It was great!
    I hope it becomes a fixture, because it will take a dozen years or so for me to refine my route choices. The chap I was catching towards the end (who shall remain nameless, Carlos Bedson, Cheshire Hill Racers) discerned that I am a poor descender and deliberately led me over the Dragon’s Back rather than round the easy track. I trusted his judgement after seeing him lead a posse of runners down a path (a path!) to the bottom of Jacob’s Ladder while I struggled through shoulder-deep bracken on the other side of the clough! His ‘Dragon’s Back’ tactic worked and he beat me comfortably. We had a good laugh about it at the end. What a superb fell race!

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement on the day and afterwards. I certainly plan to make the race a permanent fixture on the calendar. The results are now up: https://fellrunner.org.uk/results.php?id=5335

PFl
    Yes, many thanks to all involved in putting this on - organisation, marshalling, registration, car parking … Glad a did a couple of recces, even though I made a few last minute changes to my planned route choices. Hope to be back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceTheSweeper View Post
    & it was me and Beau Dog at CP3 ... also bloody freezing! I was still thawing out 2hrs after getting home. What a super organised race. Been a long time since I saw so many route choices in a fell race. It really wasn't a case of follow the leader as from CP3 they were going in all directions. Starva flyby's are fantastic! Well done everyone and Noel ... brilliant organisation, brilliant route, brilliant race :-) Job well done :-)
    Can you post the link to Strava flyby, I can't open it on my laptop.
    ta

Hi - does anyone know the cut offs for this this year? Thanks.