Thread: BGR clockwise 2/6, 2 a.m.

BGR clockwise 2/6, 2 a.m.

Hey guys,

we are a team of 3 German runners (Christoph, Tobias and Anke) and experienced in long distance mountain races. Now we are heading out to our (first) attempt of the BGR on June 2nd and are fully aware of the related challenges, especially the navigation one. We do have one supporter, who is supporting us by car but we are still looking for navigators and/or pacers with local background or BGR experience. Below is our schedule for a 22:30 hrs clockwise round starting on June 2nd at 2 a.m.

Start Keswick 02:00 a.m.
    Leg 1: 3:45 h arr. Threlkeld 5:45, dep. 6:00
    Leg 2: 4:15 h arr. Dunmail Raise 10:15, dep. 10:30
    Leg 3: 5:45 h arr. Wasdale 16:15, dep. 16:30
    Leg 4: 4:45 h arr. Honister 21:15, dep. 21:30
    Leg 5: 3:00 h arr. Keswick 0:30

If you want to provide any kind of support, navigation or pacing please let us know. We are still flexible with the time schedule and would be glad to have local support or just enjoy the company of like-minded runners.

Cheers!

Anke, Tobi and Christoph

Super Moderator
    Best of luck. I have a German friend called Christof with a son called Tobias

Are you still looking for some support? I'd be up for a run on leg 3. I'll send a message with contact details.
    Geoff Clarke

Just to tidy up the loose ends. Schedule gradually receded. Christoph retired injured at Wasdale. Tobias and Anke doggedly carried on to finish in 30.5 hours. Huge thanks to Geoff on leg 3 and also to Ross who turned up for leg 5 but was stood down due to the lateness.