Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BGR Clockwise, 1/6 17:30

Hi all,

I'm back at my desk after a wonderful weekend on your magnificent hills. Yes, we had to end our attempt at Wasdale because we were moving much too slowly and there were high stools to be found that had our name on them.

We were humbled by the sheer scale of the mountains and yet enjoyed every minute of the challenge. Our only slight disappointment was the fog resulted us in missing out on the views, the glimpses we did get only made us yearn for more. All the more reason for us to come back for another attempt. Next time we'll be better prepared.

Thanks to all of you who helped us along the way, especially Roger, Martyn and Fiona. It really was much appreciated and we look forward to returning the favour one day.

Brian

I am heading over to Ireland this weekend to give my brother "John Barry" a hand on his Wicklow Round attempt starting friday morning, if the weather is promising, which it is at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    I am heading over to Ireland this weekend to give my brother "John Barry" a hand on his Wicklow Round attempt starting friday morning, if the weather is promising, which it is at the moment.
    Great stuff, Patrick.

I see John is aware of the somewhat controversial rule changes implemented on the Wicklow Round last week. Good luck to you both and let me know if i can help.

Brian

Brian where are the rule changes details/discussed. John mentioned it briefly to me. Apparently I have to be "offically" attempting the round in order to run with him.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
    intresting read!

This is the imra thread with the new Wicklow Round rules. Interested in your thoughts

https://www.imra.ie/forum/topic/id/4893

Quote Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
    Hi all,

I'm back at my desk after a wonderful weekend on your magnificent hills. Yes, we had to end our attempt at Wasdale because we were moving much too slowly and there were high stools to be found that had our name on them.

We were humbled by the sheer scale of the mountains and yet enjoyed every minute of the challenge. Our only slight disappointment was the fog resulted us in missing out on the views, the glimpses we did get only made us yearn for more. All the more reason for us to come back for another attempt. Next time we'll be better prepared.

Thanks to all of you who helped us along the way, especially Roger, Martyn and Fiona. It really was much appreciated and we look forward to returning the favour one day.

Brian
    You're very welcome Brian. Don't leave it too long till your next visit - hopefully we can get you further than Wasdale Head next time!
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post
    intresting read!
    Pretty brutal rules, so much for comradeship on the mountains.

Super Moderator
    Only 28 pages, err not pages, posts for this year’s “Class of . . . “ is desperately sad. However I guess like on many of the other topics on here we still have years of useful posts providing a valuable archive of information for aspiring BG’ers