Thread: Uphill Fell races

Uphill Fell races

Hi all,

So I wondering what uphill only races there are in the UK? I’m doing VK Mamores in September and think a few of these could be good training. I’m doing Inov8 twilight, but what else is there/anybody got any recommendations? Thanks.

You're 2 days too late but Glas Tulaichean Uphill is fun, in a lactic sort of way. Also a few different Aonach Mor Uphill races, there's one in Glencoe on the 9th of June too.

Snowdon twilight 29th June 2018. Usually starts about 7pm. Race to the top then hot drink and flapjack in cafe. Jog down at leisure before darkness. Good fun.

If it is competitive uphill training you are after you could use almost any fell race and just give it the beans on the uphills!

As the World Mountain Running champs are an 'uphill only' race this year, I assume the selection race (also comprising the English Mountain Running championships, I think...) will be uphill only - at Skiddaw on 5th August.

Last time they had uphill only at Skiddaw they tok times at the top, but you could still complete the full race and run down (IIRC).
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy