Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: VJ Irocks

Got my eyes on the XTRM as my current fell shoes are not proving up to the job (Salomon Slab speed 2)

Does anyone have experience of VJ Rock sizing in comparison to Salomon? I am an 8.5 which fits across the Salomon range

Thanks 😎

I've only ever had a pair of budget Salomon trail shoes about 5 years ago.

If i recall correctly, they were true to size.

If it helps... i find the Xtrm's seem to fit true to size, but with Irocks possibly need to go up half a size.

Cool - cheers Travs 😎

To be fair Pete Bland opens soon and its only 15 minute walk away so no real need to chance it. Just the usual burn to add to the show collection 😂

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Hi RichA,

I use Salomon Speedcross as my trail shoe in a size 8. They are reasonably snug but the XTRM is definitely smaller though not so much that I need to go up a size. Not sure if that helps much but if you are near Pete Bland, then its worth popping in. They'll also do free postage and discount online and you can return for free if you are that close.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Worth checking their stock of sizes online... i'm up to Lakes in a few weeks and my first option for getting Irocks was obviously going to be Pete Blands... but they are out/low in stock for some sizes.

Cheers PeteS - that sounds like the 8.5 is still right. The SLAB speeds are super snug so am used to that feeling

@Travs they have 8, 8.5 and 9 in stock so all good 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post

I think PeteS above mentioned a lack of stockists for VJ, particularly in our area of the country... I can advise that Derby Runner stock all VJ fell shoes, as well as Inov8, Salomon, Walsh... Definitely worth a visit.
    Thanks for that tip. My daughter is in Derby, I'll check out that shop next time I visit.