Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Saunders

ah, I see.
    I don't think there is a way, unless you can use an internet programme to stitch the two traces together (not sure this is possible). May be something to contact the SLMM team about - given there's a klets for both days looks like they may have missed it off.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Anyone know how to upload two GPS tracks onto a single map in routegadget?!
    Hi Toreador, I use the utility on this to combine two GPX files into a single one: https://gotoes.org/strava/
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

Quote Originally Posted by climbingpixie View Post
    Oh that's a shame. Has your partner been put off forever or do you think she'll recover? Agree that Stickle Tarn is lovely though I was distracted by worrying about the climb up to Harrison Stickle. Which way did you go on that long leg to Wythburn Fells? We did the direct route - that climb out of Far Easedale Gill was awful but I think probably faster than the circuitous route.

My feet are in a disgusting state and I was plagued with blisters from fairly early on Saturday. I've never really suffered from them before so I'm not sure why they've been so bad recently. Maybe the heat? Had to keep stopping on Sunday to re-mummify my feet with tape! We finished day 1 in 32nd and day 2 in 34th overall and I'm pretty happy with that for a first MM, especially given my feet.
    Hope your feet are feeling better! I am back in the Lakes this weekend - with larger shoes... Sounds as though you did really well, a tough first event We also did the direct route at Wythburn. Less bracken, less climbing I think and less wondering whether we'd missed it...! I don't think she's been put off but, following the planner's and controller's comments, might have to drop down a class were she to do it again and the classes stay at their new and slightly higher standard. Think you'll be back for more?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BillJ View Post
    Hi Toreador, I use the utility on this to combine two GPX files into a single one: https://gotoes.org/strava/
    Thanks. It sort of worked, but as soon as I tried Autofit it went horribly wrong, all day 2's data was moved to a point a few miles off the bottom of the map! I guess I'll have to puzzle out how to adjust things manually...

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Thanks. It sort of worked, but as soon as I tried Autofit it went horribly wrong, all day 2's data was moved to a point a few miles off the bottom of the map! I guess I'll have to puzzle out how to adjust things manually...
    Because the start & end are close to each other it was difficult to manually adjust - until I found that you can click on a point of the route to anchor it there. Then it was a doddle!

Master
    Thanks. Got it more-pr-less sorted now, though the final couple of controls didn't work well. Then I noticed my first-day-only track was still there, so deleted it, except I deleted the new one instead and hard to start from scratch. Good job I don't earn a living with computers. er...

Its a shame for me that the SLMM will no longer have a solo class.
    A couple of years ago the Klets class came to an end, but you could still go solo in the score (Fairfield). But no longer.

For those of us with no friends it was the ultimate solo mountain marathon test.
    And I liked having room to move in the tent.

It's for safety reasons. I can understand having solo competitors out all day must be more worrying for the organisers, but I would argue that those who used to do the Klets all had sound mountain judgement.

Yeah, bit of an odd one. Having done Klets a couple of times and solo Fairfield (and the Rab/ROC) there's definitely an extra element to the whole MM experience when you're out there on your own. You would've thought appropriate experience requirements and screening would be enough to satisfy safety concerns, but I guess not.
    Geoff Clarke

I have very much enjoyed doing the Fairfield and Rab/ROC solo courses and will miss the demise of this. I can’t see why it needs to be if experience is proven; it is summer and plenty of daylight.
    If persons have completed LDMT classic, OMM A+ etc… then they surely have the mountain skills to be able to compete on the solo courses.

It's a strange one, surely it's no worse than the LDMT? Maybe they'll rethink for the year after. It's shame with the loss of the ROC there's no solo option for genuine MM (I'm not counting the GL3D or GMC as you have your bags carried and one of them sticks to paths!)