Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ethnic minority runners?

I think I understand the point the previous poster before you was trying to make... Pakistan has some of the highest, most remote and grandest mountains in the entire world, let alone the part of the world that Pakistan occupies (which happens to be chocked full of huge mountain ranges).

In terms of scale, the Lakes mountains quite obviously don't compare. I don't think he was denigrating their beauty or even the severity of some of the climbing available in the Lakes.

And when he has properly experienced what the UK mountains has to offer, he won't say such a crass statement. Maybe somebody should drag him over one of the many classic ridges the aonach eagach could be fun.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Dr. Patrick will be pleased to know that I am writing this in the Youth Hostel at the foot of one of Ireland’s finest mountains, Errigal. Great fun up the almost direct route up the steep heather slopes from the hostel (trying to avoid the lethal scree), then down the tourist path. And the advantage of mountains of this scale (751 metres high) is that I could leave at 5.43 pm and be back in time for dinner.

Travs, spot on; I think that Dr Patrick has confused my views with the on I was passing on. Also, to be fair, I think that the student had his tongue in his cheek.
    John McIntosh
    Rossendale Harriers

Quote Originally Posted by johnmc View Post
    Travs, spot on; I think that Dr Patrick has confused my views with the on I was passing on. Also, to be fair, I think that the student had his tongue in his cheek.
    not what you said, it was what you said he said, getting to be a tounge twister