Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sheldon Fell Race

Really sad what it says on the race website about the results:-

"Please note that the results section of this website will no longer be maintained due to several rude/blunt emails sent to the website maintainer…again!"

Is this people complaining that the results aren't posted within 5 minutes of the race finishing?

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Really sad what it says on the race website about the results:-

"Please note that the results section of this website will no longer be maintained due to several rude/blunt emails sent to the website maintainer…again!"

Is this people complaining that the results aren't posted within 5 minutes of the race finishing?
    Unfortunately, I believe that is one of the reasons.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Back to 50p in a stamped addressed envelope then...
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Super Moderator
    I didn’t run well but really enjoyed the authentic feel of this race. There’s obviously a lot of love for the event all round. Shame on whoever’s spoiling things

Name and shame I say!

Strange cos I get very little negative feedback, mind you I suppose I have had over the years but just ignore it.

I used to try and publish results on the night of the race but that is too much like hard work

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    Name and shame I say!

Strange cos I get very little negative feedback, mind you I suppose I have had over the years but just ignore it.

I used to try and publish results on the night of the race but that is too much like hard work
    I wonder if there were also complaints about the lack of a free T-shirt, blingy medal, goody bag, discount vouchers, free gels and energy bars,...and £30 entry fee?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Super Moderator
    No complaints about locals cheering folk on and marshals everywhere. My sister in law came along and said I’ll never done a fell race but I get the appeal. She got it even if the idiots chasing quick results don’t

I produce results for several junior and senior races each year. Invariably, someone will appear in front of me as my fingers flash over the keyboard asking "Will the results be on the website tonight?" My standard reply is "It depends on how many interruptions I get". Timing the delay before the penny drops can be quite entertaining.
    Then there are those, who have some compulsion to take smart phone photos of what are clearly provisional results and publish them on the internet independently of the RO - how is this helpful?
    Going downhill fast - until I fell over

Yup, that annoys me too!

Quote Originally Posted by FellJunior View Post
    Then there are those, who have some compulsion to take smart phone photos of what are clearly provisional results and publish them on the internet independently of the RO - how is this helpful?

That's a shame about the results. You can see the RO working hard to sort everything out at the end to do the prize giving. Surely if you want to know where you came that desperately you would just wait, after all there is even a pub to help you pass the time.