Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sheldon Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by FellJunior View Post
    Then there are those, who have some compulsion to take smart phone photos of what are clearly provisional results and publish them on the internet independently of the RO - how is this helpful?
    That's funny, I don't mind that at all. And indeed often take a photo of the top few to put on Twitter. It lets people who want to know who's won the race know before the full results are posted. Often the people who look at these tweets/posts are friends of those involved, so it's a chance to see how your mates have done.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    That's funny, I don't mind that at all. And indeed often take a photo of the top few to put on Twitter. It lets people who want to know who's won the race know before the full results are posted. Often the people who look at these tweets/posts are friends of those involved, so it's a chance to see how your mates have done.
    Oh Noel, you are too good for this earth. I'm with felljunior and brett.

I am still scarred by helping with the results/prizes using "sticky labels" for a 500-competitors Guiseley Gallop (Skyrac AC trail race) where the RO decided to give three prizes of different value in all the X5 categories. This meant that, say, the first LV50 might finish before, say, the second LV40 but got a lower value prize, etc etc. There were a lot of similar examples which did not go down well with the female participants in the excitement of the prize giving (the men were indifferent).

Having escaped with my life I told the RO I would never help again - so the following year we posted out vouchers.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 31-07-2019 at 03:29 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

But who deals with the flack, when the official results don't agree with those circulated earlier, because they were "clearly provisional"? I've even had complaints, when the junior championship points tables haven't agreed with the race results on Faceache or whatever. Like I said sometimes it really doesn't help.
    Going downhill fast - until I fell over

I'd just like to thank the RO, his team and the villagers of Sheldon for another well organised, tough, friendly and sociable race.
    To those who's ego's and social media connections do not have the patience to wait a few days for the results then I suggest they find a blingy trail event to do next year.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Just an update on this. I had a dozen-ish emails this year, which is the largest number I've ever had, and all (with the exception of one) were rude and/or blunt.

I've got absolutely nothing to do with the race (other than having run it on one occasion) and the village website is something that I maintain in my spare time. Last year I had a similar thing happen, so I'm afraid that's it folks; the publicity will still happen on the website but the results will have to come via the FRA when they are published in the future.

Super Moderator
    Sorry to hear about this JTD. Me and the wife loved the event which we did while staying with family in Derbys; what a shame there are such rude and blunt folk about

A humid and drizzly evening saw 121 runners set off on this years race. Down over 50 folk from last year, possibly due to Totley AC changing their Blacka Moor Chase to the same day.

The drizzle, although welcome, caused the fast downhill to the river to be a bit slippery. Pleasant running alongside the Wye and then the steep pull up through the woods and fields to the finish.

I quite enjoyed my sweeping duties and must admit that I got around a little quicker than expected, finishing behind the last runner in 48.39.

The usual convivial post race gathering was in full swing outside the Cock and Pullet and even toothache couldn't spoil the Farmers Blonde!

The race was won by Alex Ediker of Buxton and the first lady was Caroline Brock of Steel City Striders.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog