Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47

Thread: Good luck Tindersticks

  1. #21
    Master noel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Mountains of Cheshire
    Posts
    5,071
    Nice one, mate.
    No longer "resting"

  2. #22
    Master ba-ba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gisbra
    Posts
    1,507
    I thought Mike Robinson had done 8?
    I heard Simon Forgottenhislastname (Sally Fawcett's fella) had done 7.5 before having to be carried home.

    Young Max Wainwright did 22:50 or so on Saturday, I let him know about the 8 pint challenge after but yet to hear how that bit went.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

  3. #23
    Master wheezing donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    A Bowland Bog
    Posts
    2,656
    Indeed, very well done Darren ..... not that I had any doubts.

    Have a rest this week ..... get yourself to Lancaster Park Run with your Alison & her mate.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

  4. #24
    Senior Member Fozzy42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hull
    Posts
    332
    Great effort Darren, fantastic achievement smashing the 24hrs with style, something I can only dream of. Top grafting pal

  5. #25
    Master Martyn P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,407
    Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    I thought Mike Robinson had done 8?
    I heard Simon Forgottenhislastname (Sally Fawcett's fella) had done 7.5 before having to be carried home.

    Young Max Wainwright did 22:50 or so on Saturday, I let him know about the 8 pint challenge after but yet to hear how that bit went.
    That'll be Simon Mills then.

    7.5 pints is really very impressive after a BG, I recall that I had difficulty getting halfway down one. A better man than I

  6. #26
    Eh up

    I must apologise but I've been forced over to the dark side that is Facebook.

    I did my report of the BG and tried to post it on here but it wasn't accepted as it was too long.

    Facebook allows more characters than the forum and that's where it has ended up.....sorry.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    837
    Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    Eh up

    I must apologise but I've been forced over to the dark side that is Facebook.

    I did my report of the BG and tried to post it on here but it wasn't accepted as it was too long.

    Facebook allows more characters than the forum and that's where it has ended up.....sorry.
    Dark days Tindersticks. You’ll be buying a breadcrumb trail machine next.

    You do get much much more appreciation on Facebook which is nice.

  8. #28
    Master Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Darkest eckythumpland
    Posts
    1,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    Eh up

    I must apologise but I've been forced over to the dark side that is Facebook.

    I did my report of the BG and tried to post it on here but it wasn't accepted as it was too long.

    Facebook allows more characters than the forum and that's where it has ended up.....sorry.
    Just split it across two or more posts and the forum will accept it.
    Bob

    http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

    Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

  9. #29
    Super Moderator Derby Tup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Worth
    Posts
    16,837
    It’d be good to have your (great) write-up on here ‘sticks. Can I suggest you do what Bob said please? Even if it takes more than two posts. Maybe think of it as a double progressive rock album with one track per side 🎸

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    It’d be good to have your (great) write-up on here ‘sticks. Can I suggest you do what Bob said please? Even if it takes more than two posts. Maybe think of it as a double progressive rock album with one track per side 🎸

    I was thinking of the report as more akin to a Victorian novel, such as those of Jane Austen, that were traditionally published in three volumes, but perhaps not.

    Although as a work of fiction...?

    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •