Don't know what I'm after here - advice, sympathy or just a vent. Anyway.
Sprained my ankle just over a fortnight ago during a fell race. Was moving at pace downhill, foot went in a hidden divot and my ankle rolled over with a large 'crack'. St John's iced and strapped it, and suggested a trip to A&E. Six hour wait to be told, 'we' ll xray it, but if the radiologist doesn't see anything obvious, go straight home'.
I did the usual, Rice etc, and after three days I had no bruising but a large lump over the bone on the outside of my ankle. I progressed to flexibility/balance moves after a week and managed a couple of steady bike rides in the days after. The swelling hasn't gone down at all, but last night I tried a run. I managed five steps. The pain seems to shoot through the top of my foot, and hurts within the joint.
I'm frustrated because I had been seeing some improvement, but two weeks out, far from having me compensate with good diet and clean living, has seen me eat junk and drink like a fish.
I have a physio appointment next week - although it's actually for my knee which I injured last November (speedy referral). In the mean time, what timescale have fellow fellers worked to for similar injuries, and is there any advice you can offer over and above the usual? Cheers.