Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tindersticks BG write-up

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    Thanks for posting Andrew, way beyond my clerical skills.

Imagine my disappointment when I’d originally tried to post on forum and it wasn’t accepted due to over use of characters. The limit is 10 000 and my report was 12 000.

My initial thoughts were, “well that was a waste of a morning”. Then Facebook came to the rescue with it’s multi characters....63 000 apparently, now that would be one hell of a write up.
    Have you thought of sending some of your stuff to the Fellrunner mag? (although they may not accept 63000 characters).
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Super Moderator
    I’ve said before Darren you should write a book; seriously. Your modest, self deprecating but genuine warmly amusing tone is streets (should that be fells?) ahead of some of the rubbish served up recently. Not sure what Waterstones would make of you turning up for your first signing in a 20 year Slayer t-shirt mind 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I’ve said before Darren you should write a book; seriously. Your modest, self deprecating but genuine warmly amusing tone is streets (should that be fells?) ahead of some of the rubbish served up recently. Not sure what Waterstones would make of you turning up for your first signing in a 20 year Slayer t-shirt mind 😀
    Nice words Andrew, cheers.

I can go a good few years more on the Slayer t-shirt...Rain in Pain Tour 1987, Manchester Apollo....Blimey 31 years ago, I think my ears are still ringing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    Nice words Andrew, cheers.

I can go a good few years more on the Slayer t-shirt...Rain in Pain Tour 1987, Manchester Apollo....Blimey 31 years ago, I think my ears are still ringing.
    Never heard of...but I've just booked for Duane Eddy. First rock artist I ever saw live, although maybe a bit before your time?

He'll be rubbish of course but I thought I would go and see him one final time before he dies... or, now I think of it, I do.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".