Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 BG attempt

Hiya, Father time is sitting on my lap but running well after on off Achilles issues. I'm up in Cheshire so give me a shout if you fancy getting up there.
    Best, Phil ( [email protected] )

Hi Karl... you're just a youngster. I'm in Cheshire so if you fancy getting up there to train and recce, give me a shout. [email protected],

Best, Phil

Hi Karl
    I’ll be up for a recce or two in about 6 weeks time.
    [email protected]

Hello Phil. Hope you are well. BoTh of us had an injury nightmare Hopefully I’ll be up in about 6 weeks

Do you still use Malvern ?

Hi Spen
    Yes still use Malvern but go from side to side now. Found it replicates the lakes terrain better. I should be ready for a jog out on it in 2-3 weeks time if you fancy joining me

Yes Phil definitely. I only really know the way up north hill then along the top

Send me an email on the address above and I’ll send you a picture of the route

The first time i went up the Malverns on my own i went direct up North Hill, straight from the car park at the bottom, rather than following the path which zigzags up the eastern flank.

It was tough. Probably not even relevant to a BG round as i don't think there's anything that slow-going and rough on the BG.... but there is certainly a direct way up that way if you don't mind very rough ground, rocks and thorns.

Not recommended!

Hello, I am new to this forum, but have been considering the BG for a few years. Like a few others, time's passing and I need to crack on. Living just north of London is not ideal, but there you go.
    I have some week days free the weeks commencing 10th and 24th September, if anyone is looking to go then am happy to fit in around plans. Ideally it's to see where I am fitness wise and what my potential is. I've done some long distance mountain stuff but it would be good to meet up with those with more experience than me (everyone).

Travs. That’s the way i tent to go up. Quite a tough little climb

Phil. Sent you an email