Thread: Ambleside gig - Friday!!

Ambleside gig - Friday!!

Keswick AC's own blues-rock band, The Screes (Steve Heb', guitar/vox; John Batterick, drums; Chris Brewer, guitar/vox/harmonica/unscripted banter; Steve Jones, bass) are playng the Lily Bar, Ambleside from 9:30pm on Friday 24th August, if anyone is in town and fancies a bit of live music.

We'll be doing "a lively mix of original songs and covers". The original subject matter takes inspiration from local legends (Girt Dog of Ennerdale), the Bob Graham Round (Steve H, John and Chris hold or held relay records for variouos legs on the Billy Bland Challange with and Steve J did the full thing last year) and anything Cumbrian in between. Covers include numbers by Santana, The Kinks, B. B. King, The White Stripes and many more.

Cheers!

Super Moderator
    Reviews anyone?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Reviews anyone?
    Sounded uncomfortably loud when I walked past - as is often the case I would have needed ear plugs. By comparison Blues Collusion at Zeffs was the best live music I have heard for some time - just a guitarist and a singer, and at a pleasant volume.

Hi Mike - sorry it was too loud to entice you in. Unfortunatly there's no volume control on the drum kit so everything creeps up to not get drowned out! And the second set was a lot louder thasn the first, which was more of the slow blues stuff, so depending on when you walked passed it may only have gotten worse!

Anyway, we're back in Keswick at the Golden Lion this evening so if anyone's finishing a BGR they should pop in and say hi

Super Moderator
    If it’s too loud you’re too old. Rock on ulr

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    If it’s too loud you’re too old. Rock on ulr
    I value my hearing - many who listen to or in particular play amplified music are suffering the consequences. I always take silicon ear plugs to music venues, live or recorded, and more often than not I use them. It is not the music I object to, but the volume. And deafness doesn't just make sounds "softer", it results in distortion and tinnitus - no fun, and hearing aids can only address part of the problem. Look after you ears!

yeah but these speakers go up to eleven!!!!!!!
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Super Moderator
    Trust you ‘sticks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tindersticks View Post
    yeah but these speakers go up to eleven!!!!!!!
    what??????

Super Moderator
    "It's one louder, isn't it?"