Parkrun starts at 9:00am in this country; so do you have breakfast before or after parkrun?

I generally prefer to have something to eat before I run, although I have been known to go out on a Sunday morning before breakfast. My usual breakfast is muesli or granola, followed by toast with jam or honey, washed down with tea; so nothing heavy or greasy that you wouldn't want to eat before running. But I do like to have a gap between finishing eating and starting running. The other important factor is that, whereas I am happy to set an alarm as early as necessary when going to a proper race, I don't want to disturb my sleep for a "mere" parkrun

I have only done two parkruns so far. On the first occasion, I woke up before 7am, so there was no problem having breakfast and still having well over an hour before starting to run. But today the clock said 7:43 when I woke up. Breakfast was finished by 8:15, which seemed a bit close to the start of the run; and allowing time for sitting on the "throne" and for the 17-minute cycle ride (at moderate pace) to the parkrun venue as well as changing shoes, etc, I thought I was cutting it fine. But I got to the start (just) on time.

In the event, I took 6 seconds off my time from three weeks ago, so my just-in-time approach didn't do any harm. Conditions for both runs were ideal for fast running. For the last few hundred metres today I felt that I was running on empty, and at the finish I felt as knackered as one should be after a good speedwork session. So I can't imagine myself going any faster.

As a postscript, I note from the results that today's Dishley (Loughborough) parkrun was graced by the presence of Yorkshire lass Hannah Oldroyd. Unlike some of her previous parkruns, she wasn't first finisher (there was one bloke ahead of her), but her 18:02 did carve a good chunk of the previous female record for this parkrun course. Lancastrian Nichola Jackson (fastest time at Dishley: 19:01) has her work cut out to beat that. Are the Wars of the Roses going to come back to Leicestershire after 533 years?