Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Meal of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    I've been having the best meal of the year for a few months now.
    Baked beans on granary toast with a mug of black tea sound simple but it can be ruined if the beans are cheap, wrong temp, the bread is useless and the tea not freshly brewed from leaves.
    These guys nail it every time!
    https://www.marylebonevillage.com/retailers/paul-rothe
    Bet they all sport coiffured and oiled beards!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Actually no. But they do rock white coats! Proper old school inside with formica tables and papers to read. Purrrfect!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Master
    So far this year the best meal I have had is a Salmon sandwich made with multi grain bread and a banana for desert, on Lang How in the lakes today in perfect weather, and just my dog for company.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    So far this year the best meal I have had is a Salmon sandwich made with multi grain bread and a banana for desert, on Lang How in the lakes today in perfect weather, and just my dog for company.
    Nice one.

Best meal of 2018 would either have to be a sublime pie I bought in the lakes after a long run though admittedly can't remember where and what it contained (probably Coniston, probably steak), or any one if a number of meals containing this year's discovery of the flat iron steak - perhaps the most flavoursome, succulent piece of beef I am yet to taste.

There have also been numerous campervan classics including some great seafood and a fabulous Welsh lamb steak, ratatouille and rice combo which has me salivating at the thought of it.