Thread: Newbie & Hello!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Newbie & Hello!

Hello all!

Name is Hannah, in West Yorkshire, and I'm very new to fell running. I've been running on and off on the road for the last few years, which has helped me so much with my mental health and confidence, but I prefer hills and mud so am hopefully going to be partaking in Kendal Winter League, BOFRAs etc next year!

It's just been my birthday so I'm now all suited and booted (head lamp, clothing, backpack and inov-8 shoes!) and am now starting to train daily (hill reps, moors circulars, scenic canal route from work and a bit of road) and so far so good!

Running is also something that goes alongside my love for the gym (weights) and I'm hoping will help in my weight loss as well as overall stamina and muscular toning. I know I do however need to focus a lot more on what I'm eating, as I work in a health food cafe so some days are great, yet my days off not so much - once I crack this I'm onto a winner!

So a hello from me; any tips, tricks or words of wisdom on fell running, gathering speed, routine, training plans, weight loss, diet plans or a little hello, send 'em my way!

Hannah
    Last edited by HanUpTheHills; 19-09-2018 at 07:01 PM.