Thread: Bruised hip

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill

Bruised hip

I was cycling on the cycle path alongside Epinal Way, the ring road in Loughborough, not going particularly fast. Ahead there was a lady waiting to cross the road, and a few other people standing on either side of the path. Plenty of room for me to go between them; I slowed down a little, but didn't think it worthwhile ringing my bell.

Exactly at the wrong moment, the lady stepped backwards. I think it was only my handlebar that hit her; anyway, I was on the floor, and then she joined me down there, although I think more out of surprise than the force of the impact. I asked her if she was all right, and she nodded to indicate that she was. She was back up before me; I think I asked her twice more to check that she wasn't hurt, before continuing on my way.

I was aware of some discomfort in my left hip which had hit the ground, but felt comfortable enough for the remaining 8 miles of the journey. I was sitting down for a good 2 hours at my destination, and it was when I got up that I noticed that the hip was rather stiff and painful. But once I got on my bike for the 10 miles back home, there was no problem. This evening I have only noticed the pain when I get up after sitting down. I'm really not looking forward to getting up tomorrow morning after eight hours in bed!
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Sounds similar to the injury I managed to inflict on myself at Long Mynd valleys this year. Took a tumble (trying to assist another runner who had also fallen) and landed heavily on my hip. The usual rest and ice followed by some light stretching and foam roller sorted it out eventually. Took to cycling more for a while as it seemed to aggravate my ITB when running. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    My injury seems to be less severe than yours, Pete. Not nearly as painful as expected today, although I seem to have had that "The day after a long race" sort of tiredness all day.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Sounds positive- I know that feeling well. Did a short trail race this morning and spent the rest of the day absolutely polaxed - not sure why but suspect age may be playing it's part!