Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Rucksack

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartD View Post
    10 litre Inov8 pack with side pockets £39.99 at sportsshoes.com

https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Not bad though think it might be a bit small. Unfortunately the next size up in the inov8 range doesn't have waist pockets.

I was recommended the Grivel Mountain Runner 20. Fantasic bit of kit. First time I wore it was on Kinder Trog on a hot day with just a club vest and no chaffing whatsoever. Plenty of adjustment and pockets but cannot vouch for longevity.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Looks good - I'll do a bit of research. Does it have compression straps on the main compartment?
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

There are no compression straps as such but two elasticated cords up either side which provide compression when drawn tight. A small annoyance were the loops of cord which form around the shoulder/neck area when the bag has minimal kit in and is fully compressed but they can be tucked away.
    Grivel do a smaller 12 L version but I thought a bit small for winter and am happy with bum bag for minimal kit on shorter runs/races.
    I could not find a stockist near by so that I could view the bag before purchase so got mine online from TrekkInn. Phoned them first and spoke to a youth who seemed quite knowledgeable and helpful.
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 01-10-2018 at 02:00 PM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Thanks will bare it in mind.
    Commuted to work today with my daughter's Omm Ultra 15. No compression which is disappointing but I could probably knock something up with elastic cord and a toggle. Otherwise, not a bad bit of kit.
    Last edited by PeteS; 01-10-2018 at 05:20 PM.

Hey up Pete.The Omm have these https://theomm.com/product/leanweight-kit/ to fit their packs. It is a compressor/ dog bowl carrier. I have been using the adventure 20 for 10 years and have been pleased with it. I recently got a 10 liter Ultimate Direction vest, which I am impressed with. A bit expensive but very comfy.

Excellent. Not come across that one before so that opens up more options and even satisfies the all important dog bowl storage - Mungo will be pleased! Decisions, decisions.....
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast