Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Dales way - race

Super Moderator
    Loads of 25 milers in Strider for under a tenner

I must admit that over the past two and a half years the local Park Run has become an intrinsic part of my week; along with the club interval session on Monday evening, a trot around one of the local fells on Tuesday evening and all day out on the bike every Thursday. If I am otherwise occupied Saturday a.m., there is a real sense of 'cold turkey'.
    The (free) Park Run is such a 'community / social' event with loads of old timers that I used to race against on the fells, back in the '80s. A one mile jog to the park, the 3.1 miles run followed by a coffee and a good catch-up then a one mile jog home for a lovely hot bath; what more could a 68 years-old want to kick start his weekend? Many of my 62 'notches' have been as the tail runner, plus a 'set up' as well as the run and one 'non-run' marshal duty.
    Just one count as a tourist when I visited Bournemouth for my brother's sixtieth.
    It is well attended by many Lancaster & Morecambe AC and Dallam RC members in addition to fellow Bowlanders and some COLT members.
    I just can't fault it, but I guess that the UKA 'blazer brigade' might see it as usurping their control of running? Which was why fell running (pre FRA) was outlawed and branded as 'professional'.

Apologies, I guess that the last half-a-dozen posts have rather hi-jacked this thread ...... blame that there Derby Tup
    Last edited by wheezing donkey; 30-12-2018 at 04:46 PM.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Super Moderator
    😀

Parkrun discussion is much better than no discussion Ian, irrespective of the thread title / topic / agenda