Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: I've raced my last race.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I hope the scans show that it's something you can get over, Jez. It's a nasty bind when you run to relieve stress (as do so many of us) but the doctor tells you that stress is causing the condition that prevents you running.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

[QUOTE=wheezing donkey;646083]Simon & Jez, thinking of you both. It's athletically induced asthma that's curtailed my running (at least, from the standard that I used to run at); every outing is more of a jog/brisk walk these days. Well done Jez on being positive enough to spot healthy / viable / "non-threatening" alternatives.
    By the by Jez, it's now 3 years since you were asking "Which new washing machine?"
    Mr Brightside and I gave you a load of advice; which make & model did you opt for?

Cheers Ian & what a great memory you have! And weirdly coincidental as I have just fixed it. We went for a Bosch Boc1400. Great machine, which, thanks to YouTube, I can now fix (well, unblock filter & the slightly more complicated outlet pipe!).
    Incidentally, I was back at the docs yesterday. I told her I was filling my running void by walking on the moors. She told me not to as the hills may raise my heart rate & to stay on the flat! Ffs! Had a cracking walk around the roads of Burley-In-Wharfedale yesterday! 😖

Jez, could you ask GP what the perceived danger level is for your heart rate and then wear a HR monitor?
    Their idea of what puts your heart rate up may be based on a sedentary person, as opposed to your basically fit body.
    I do think the medical profession err on the side of caution (understandable these days), 5 years ago I was told my knee was knackered and I wasn't ever allowed near a hill again, not even cycling. A couple of years later of taking it easy and ignoring their advice I seemed fine - divine miracle! I know a knee isn't the same as dropping dead from a heart problem, but they don't always get it 100% correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post

Cheers Ian & what a great memory you have! And weirdly coincidental as I have just fixed it. We went for a Bosch Boc1400. Great machine, which, thanks to YouTube, I can now fix (well, unblock filter & the slightly more complicated outlet pipe!).
    Superb machine that. Are you any good with dishwashers? Ours is playing up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post
    Superb machine that. Are you any good with dishwashers? Ours is playing up a bit.
    Emma’s playing up a bit? I’ll come over & have a look at her Ben.

Molehill, 2 weeks to my angiogram, so I think I’ll probably wait (& sulk a little) to see what the outcome is. But I agree with you. They definitely take a precautionary approach.

yes, I think there's something wrong with her inlet pipe. if you could have a look into it i'd be very grateful.

Emma’s playing up a bit? I’ll come over & have a look at her Ben.

Molehill, 2 weeks to my angiogram, so I think I’ll probably wait (& sulk a little) to see what the outcome is. But I agree with you. They definitely take a precautionary approach.

Super Moderator
    Ben and Jez, thank you! Angiograms and dishwashers. The kind of stuff we like to hear. Nice one

Had a cracking walk around the roads of Burley-In-Wharfedale yesterday! ��
    And I guess those roads won't be that flat?
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Lovin' it!!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    And I guess those roads won't be that flat?
    Not too bad to be fair. Plugged in some music, to make things bearable!