Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bilsdale Fell Race

Just over 50 entries so far with one competitor entering twice! Just a reminder that there is no entry on the day this year. Entries close on Sunday 8th March, a week before the race.

https://www.sportsentrysolutions.com...ecordID=201328
    Mike Quinn
    Esk Valley Fell Club

I’m gutted to be missing this, but I’m at a wedding the night before so I’m not likely to be in racing fettle.

Hope you get the numbers up a bit, I’ll be in for next year without a doubt!

Gutted I entered and then realised I was on holiday misread closing date for race date doh

At least I only entered once I suppose

Great - hard - race

Hi Mike, i can’t race it as on parenting duty, a real shame as i enjoyed it last year. Do you need any more marshals? If there is a spot where i can park my car nearby so my daughter can retreat there if the weather is bad/she gets bored then i could help out. Maybe the road crossing at clay bank?

Quote Originally Posted by skipchris View Post
    I’m gutted to be missing this, but I’m at a wedding the night before so I’m not likely to be in racing fettle.

Hope you get the numbers up a bit, I’ll be in for next year without a doubt!
    Cheers skipchris

I'm happy enough with the numbers. Had a few more entries now and I'm aware of a few people who are planning to do it but checking on fitness levels. We've got enough to cover the village hall, parking, prizes, food etc.
    Mike Quinn
    Esk Valley Fell Club

Quote Originally Posted by TimG View Post
    Hi Mike, i can’t race it as on parenting duty, a real shame as i enjoyed it last year. Do you need any more marshals? If there is a spot where i can park my car nearby so my daughter can retreat there if the weather is bad/she gets bored then i could help out. Maybe the road crossing at clay bank?
    Hi Tim
    Thanks for the offer. An extra pair of hands at the road crossing would be great. Please can you get to the village hall for about 10.30am?
    Mike Quinn
    Esk Valley Fell Club

Sounds good, see you at the village hall.

Unless government advice changes tomorrow the race is going ahead on Sunday. All competitors have been e-mailed with rationale behind this decision.
    Mike Quinn
    Esk Valley Fell Club

Results done:

http://www.eskvalleyfellclub.org/res...5-Mar-2020.pdf

Report to follow shortly.
    Mike Quinn
    Esk Valley Fell Club

Red face Great race - loved it!

Just wanted to say thanks for putting on a great AL race in the North York Moors. Nice route - with fast running for those lads and lassies, but lots of climb for us mountain goats! Great venue, food and prize giving atmosphere. One for the diary already in 2021! Nicky