Thread: Inov-8 Mudclaws

Inov-8 Mudclaws

My mudclaws have just split. 2 years old and well used so replacements needed. Just checked on-line and there's the 'Classic', which I'm guessing is what I've always had before (3rd or 4th pair), but now there's the unisex 300 and the men's 300

What's the heck's the difference, apart from colour? Which gives me most bite ? I can't make sense of the tech. info on various sites (Pete Blands, Sportshoes, etc.). I don't want them for racing, just for when I need full on grip while ploughing my lonely furrow over the wet Pennines and slippery Hows.

I'm tempted to just go with the tried and tested, but thought I'd asked just in case. Thanks.
    Am Yisrael Chai

The Classics are the "old style" mudclaws, which have a bit more of a heel.

The 300's are almost completely flat on the sole, and have been around for a good few years.

I think the Classics are better, but see plenty of both types around.

The classics are the original deep (12mm?) grip. They were only available in PBS for a few years after the newer models were released but I have seen them in Kong recently.
    The newer models have less grip (8mm) and despite being called 300 are closer to 265.

Then you have the graphene alternative.

I think anyway. Not confusing at all.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Thanks guys. Sticking with the mantra "I like what I know and I know what I like", I think I'll stick with the Classics. Now then, where can I find a beige pair.....hummmmmmm
    Am Yisrael Chai