Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Locked Up Overseas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Locked Up Overseas

Is anyone else getting fed up with hearing of UK residents visiting countries like Saudi Arabia, UAE, Thailand, Indonesia, China etc and coming unstuck usually due to taking/peddling drugs, shagging something or somewhere they shouldn't or spying.
    We then get their tearful blubbering relatives on TV pleading their innocence and blaming everyone else.
    This latest case involving the "academic" Matthew Hedges is a prime example. For an "academic" he doesn't seem very bright to me. Going to somewhere like the UAE and sniffing around the security systems/procedures is asking for trouble.
    And now we get human rights lawyers whingeing on his behalf that he will have trouble visiting other countries because he is a convicted criminal.
    Tough shit matey. Your obviously massive brain must have had a day off during the "If you play with fire you are likely to get burnt" lesson!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Is anyone else getting fed up with ...
    No, but I'm certainly fed up with a particular dipstick who keeps posting his rants which have nothing to do with fell running in a "general fellrunning issues" thread.

Cheers!
    Hayfield Fell Races - https://www.t42.org.uk/hayfield/

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    No, but I'm certainly fed up with a particular dipstick who keeps posting his rants which have nothing to do with fell running in a "general fellrunning issues" thread.

Cheers!
    Guilty as charged. I'm surprised that you did not refer to me as a "stupid boy"
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

If he were a super-spy, he wouldn't admit to it when tortured. If he's a normal PhD student, he would admit to being a super-spy when tortured.

But if he's a super-super-spy, he would know that they'd be expecting this, so he'd admit to being a super-spy so they'd think he's really a hapless PhD student, knowing he'd more easily then get a royal pardon.

Without knowing more about this case, I wouldn't like to comment on a public forum. Things like: how many vodka martinis has he drunk in the last month?

Down

The

Pub!!

Brett!!!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Maybe we can rescue this thread within it's current location by discussing how hard it is to train effectively while locked in solitary confinement. Perhaps a few squats might help retain some quad muscle strength. Yoga perhaps?

But seriously, it must have been awful for the poor guy. It's things like this that make me glad I live and work in a country with a reasonably fair and independent judiciary.

[QUOTE=noel;644295]Maybe we can rescue this thread within it's current location by discussing how hard it is to train effectively while locked in solitary confinement. Perhaps a few squats might help retain some quad muscle strength. Yoga perhaps?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc..._e9C0RH6xTuhRu

Very effectively it seems, at least if the above link works - oif not just google 'cell workout book'.
    There was a guy on R4 last week who is now an Ironman Triathlete who started training while doing time for armed robbery, but I think he is a different person to the above.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Maybe we can rescue this thread within it's current location by discussing how hard it is to train effectively while locked in solitary confinement. Perhaps a few squats might help retain some quad muscle strength. Yoga perhaps?

Is this not how Pilates 'took off'? Having been developing his exercise system since the 1890's, at the outbreak of the Great War, Joseph Pilates and other German Nationals resident in Great Britain were confined to an internment camp on the Isle of Man. Pilates adopted his exercises so that they could be executed within the confines of a cell. All the occupants came out of that camp fitter than when they went in.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Banned
    Oh llani boy, the pipes the pipes are calling 🎵🎶

Banned
    Tell it how it is brother.

I support you👍