Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Locked Up Overseas

Anyone been locked up abroad? I expect not, on such a haven of respectability as this forum. For my sins, I've had a night in a Bangkok cell, and also in Brussels, in the past.

I once got ordered out of the car at a Spanish checkpoint and didn't have any identification with me. Mrs Noel gave me the good advice when the policeman asked to get: "try to look really stupid". Thankfully, that's something I managed with aplomb, so avoided being taken down the station as a suspected ETA terrorist. In my defence, I was quite obviously on a climbing holiday and was very obviously a naive Englishman unaware of the quaint tradition of always carrying identification in Spain.
    No longer "resting"

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I once got ordered out of the car at a Spanish checkpoint and didn't have any identification with me. Mrs Noel gave me the good advice when the policeman asked to get: "try to look really stupid". Thankfully, that's something I managed with aplomb, so avoided being taken down the station as a suspected ETA terrorist. In my defence, I was quite obviously on a climbing holiday and was very obviously a naive Englishman unaware of the quaint tradition of always carrying identification in Spain.
    I have only been breathalysed once in my life and it was in France in August at the last Autoroute peage just before the channel ports. As everyone knows 99% of cars on that road then are British holiday makers returning home - so it seemed a really strange location for the Gendarmerie to choose to reduce drunk driving in France.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Aye. That's the frogs for you GB

That will all change after Brexit.
    No longer "resting"

Narr. They don't like us although some of ours keep trying.
    Good riddance to them.

And now some input on the case from Q or M (I never really pay attention to James Bond films). Presumably this contain lots of secret codes for active operatives to blow things up while pirouetting into waiting sportscars.
    No longer "resting"