Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hadrian’s Hundred

Super Moderator

Hadrian’s Hundred

Nothing like the prospect of a hundred to focus the attention re training etc

Anyone else having a run out? JohnK? Socks?
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Lots of Runfurther ultra runners, including me, are in

Super Moderator
    Stef said she’d seen (presumably on FB) you are doing it Karen

My brother John and I have entered, I have not revieved any confirmation about the ballot. It was John who entered the two of us. Is it him tht will have been notified?
    EDIT
    It would appear that I have some work in front of me.

Participant Name Patrick Barry
    Entry Status Invitation Issued
    Last edited by DrPatrickBarry; 03-12-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Master
    Hi DT the LDWA Hadrian 100 is not for me next year as I am planning something a bit Hillier and longer for 2019(as long as I can keep body and soul together)my current training is currently between 130-160 slow km and 3000mtrs a week and the dark winter nights are being spent training my nav skills whist poring over maps honing my route and working on logistics.
    Hopefully if all goes well it will allow me to achieve a long held ambition but whatever it will be fun, we shall see.

Happy training to you DT and all you other LDWA HH participants
    The older I get the Faster I was

Super Moderator
    Sounds like you have a really good outing planned John! Hopefully you’ll be successful and we have an epic report to read in the future. Very best of luck to you too

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Sounds like you have a really good outing planned John! Hopefully you’ll be successful and we have an epic report to read in the future. Very best of luck to you too
    I'll be there - doing the marshals' walk at beginning of May. Helping on kit check again for main event (secret location!)

Super Moderator
    I thought you might be doing the marshall’s event. Hopefully see you before then somewhere socks

Are others on here aware of the latest LDWA rules regarding qualifying events for the hundred?

1. Organisers do not exceed 500 entrants (due to the LDWA Environment policy).
    2. Event allows both walkers and runners to enter (LDWA Hundred is a walking event that allows runners).
    3. Distance to be covered on foot is at least 50 miles or further.
    4. Duration time allows completion at a legitimate continuous walking pace of 2.5 mph (4 kph) or quicker; for example 50 miles, completed within a maximum of 20 hours elapsed time. (20 hours is the quickest time for an LDWA 50 mile qualifier)
    5. Route is non-repeating multi terrain.
    6. Route is not significantly way marked (with signage, tape etc).

Most of it is fairly non-controversial, but rule 4 disqualifies a number of events that were previously acceptable (e.g. Round Rotherham). I do not really understand the logic here - the purpose of the qualifier is presumably to demonstrate that the entrant has a reasonable chance of completing the 100 - if someone can complete a 50 mile event in say 15 hours, what difference does it make whether that was 5 minutes or 5 hours inside the time limit for that event?

There has been some debate on the LDWA forum, but I guess FRA folk are more likely to want to use a non-LDWA event as a qualifier?

Super Moderator
    gej I don’t understand what being said. Why exactly is the RRR50 not longer acceptable as a qualifier for the LDWA 100?