Thread: Jnc

Jnc

Hello. I am intending to have a go at the Joss Naylor next year (May, June) all being well.
    Can I ask a couple of (possibly stupid) route questions?

Some time ago I ran through the campsite at Pooley Bridge and got up on the fell heading towards Arthur's Pike. I ran parallel with the lake at first but then ended up doubling back on myself to ascend the fell. I wasn't doing a recce at the time so it didn't matter but I am assuming there is a more direct obvious way? I also read someone's report where they ran through the village to the fell gate and along past the Cockpit. Is this longer but easier running, or just a waste of time?

At the other end of Leg 1 dropping down to Kirkstone I have read that there is a 'short cut' from Pike How towards Ravens Edge which cuts the corner and drops you down near the pub. There is a large boulder by the wall next to the main path, is this where you go?

TIA fishbulb

Through the campsite is the best way. I've been trying to attach a map, but the size limit for the forum is too small really. Also, yes, the large boulder is the point to leave Raven Edge.

If you send me your email address in a private message I can send you some screen-shots of the route. I could also send you .gpx of the route if you're interested.