Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Higher State Soilshaker

I’m with you there Stumpy, I’ve bought loads of the higher state kit, the tights leave a bit to be desired, they’re a bit Nora Batty but the jackets and windproofs are good and are cheap as chips, like all running kit it gets serious hammer and is in the wash constantly and still holds up, I might have a punt at the shoes, worth a go just for thrashing through the local fields if nothing else

One thing I have noticed about them is the removable insoles. They are thick and very cushioned, but REALLY absorbent! So, after running in the wet it become really heavy and squelchy! I'm going to try and replace them with an old Inov 8 pair and hope the slightly smaller volume doesn't affect the fit....

Well, 100 miles in and they are beginning to show distinct signs of starting to fall apart at the seams! Whilst the sole unit has been phenomenally good in the mud, I can't say the same about the uppers. They hold so much water that the already clumpy feel becomes leaden, and they also seem to have stretched.

Worth a punt, but I doubt I'll be rushing back to get another pair.....

I wore mine once! Like you say, the grip is excellent, but I just found them extremely uncomfortable.

I'm quite liking my soil shakers. Very padded and comfy with excellent grip for the mud and slush at this time of year. Too heavy to be a race shoe, but good for winter mileage.

New version (2) are much lighter, size 10.5 weigh in at 330g. Used to always wear the original orange 315 inov8's . Feel nearer to them then version 1. Very comfy, doing decent for lasting. I have returned to running after a long illness and surprised at the prices of shoes. With club discount they are really cheap.
    Grip is great if you don't run on smooth wet stone, if you do bambi on ice looked elegant.

Quote Originally Posted by haworth hobbler View Post
    New version (2) are much lighter, size 10.5 weigh in at 330g. Used to always wear the original orange 315 inov8's . Feel nearer to them then version 1. Very comfy, doing decent for lasting. I have returned to running after a long illness and surprised at the prices of shoes. With club discount they are really cheap.
    Grip is great if you don't run on smooth wet stone, if you do bambi on ice looked elegant.
    I've been meaning to get a pair of these as a comparison to the LSR resole option for 212s. Price is similar.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent