Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Higher State Soilshaker

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Higher State Soilshaker

Anyone got any feedback on these, particularly how they come out size wise and how robust they are?

thanks!

Right, as no one answered I bought some just to do my own testing :-)

Arrived today, and first thoughts are they look pretty robust and the sole looks like it will, well shake off the soil! Bloody heavy mind - 350g for my UK 7.5s!

Will update when I have had some use!

Which I guess would make my usual size nines about 400g. I had wondered about them, but don't think I want anything that heavy. Thanks for the tip-off.

Hye Gej - the way I look at it, is if you use shoes that heavy for training, think how you'll fly in your racing x-talons :-)

First impressions are, despite the weight, they are actually pretty good.

The grip in mud and on wet grass is superb, and they seemed to shed mud well (as you'd expect with the name!). Bit skittery on wet tarmac perhaps.

Overall comfort was really good, with plenty of padding and a good tongue. I suspect the fit would not be so great for steep contouring.

They didn't feel as clunky as I expected - once covered in mud, the weight is not really an issue I guess!

Fit was true, and very similar to Inov-8s.

They look bomb-proof, but time will tell.....

Cheers for doing the research, i’ve had my eye on these over Christmas but was scared of the price in case it meant they were going to fall to bits.

I can't comment on the shoes but what a fantastic name for a off road running shoe!

After the catastrophic failure of my two pairs of More Miles, I am keeping well away from cheap shoes.

I've been running in a pair of these for months, much better quality than the last pair of more mile I had, very comfy, they feel like a roclite but with deeper lugs. Only downside I have noticed, and this is where they differ vastly from a roclite, they're useless on wet rock, so if you're racing I'd use an inov8 but for long training runs I love 'em

Generally the Higher State kit is far better quality than More Mile. I've got several pair of their shorts that are just as good, if not better than anything else I've had and have lasted for ages for peanuts. I've had the MM cheviots and they lasted about 2 minutes!

As for the Soil Shakers, after four runs in them they are skittish on some wet rock, but ok on others I'd say. Stick with mud and grass and the odd patch of tarmac and they are (so far) a darn good training shoe for the money.