Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Beach you've been on

Banned

Best Beach you've been on

Just to cheer you up for the New Year.

Eldest son in Aussie sent pictures of Manley beach. Looked very nice.

Just spent today on Santa Maria beach on Sal in Cape Verde. Beautiful and 7k of it.

This
    https://www.google.com/search?q=sant...zENrt06URI-s7M

Paradise 😍

Probably the best beach I've been on is Nai Harn at the southern tip of Phuket island. Pure tropical heat and bath-warm water. But on another day the sea and rip-tides can be formidable, saw at least one rescue a day whilst I was there.

But my favourite beach is Cape Prasonisi at the very southern tip of Rhodes, where the Aegean and Mediterranean Seas meet. Miles of quiet road take you to the end of the island, and there is a kind of huge causeway of beach that links the mainland to a small island. One one side the sea is dead flat calm, and the other side is a wind-surfers paradise. Just a couple of bar/restaurants, apartments blocks, and a supermarket. Lots of people camp there.

It is truly stunnning and the Google pictures don't do it justice.

Master
    Balnakeil Bay or Maybe Dunnett Bay lovely white sands and turquoise seas and the surfing is better in Autumn and winter, i.m.o the Far north and Northwest Scottish beaches beat any foreign beaches I have been on, and they are great if you have a campervan talking of which Calgarry Bay on Mull has a free basic campsite.

Mind you I would much rather be on the hills than on a beach and that is another plus with the NW Scotland beaches you can have a day in the hills and end it on a superb quite beach.
    Last edited by JohnK; 29-12-2018 at 07:41 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Super Moderator
    Filey

Super Moderator
    Or maybe on the Perhentian Islands in Malaysia

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Balnakeil Bay or Maybe Dunnett Bay lovely white sands and turquoise seas and the surfing is better in Autumn and winter, i.m.o the Far north and Northwest Scottish beaches beat any foreign beaches I have been on, and they are great if you have a campervan talking of which Calgarry Bay on Mull has a free basic campsite.

Mind you I would much rather be on the hills than on a beach and that is another plus with the NW Scotland beaches you can have a day in the hills and end it on a superb quite beach.
    I'm with JohnK on this. NW Scotland is hard to beat especially if you have a campervan , though Northumberland has some lovely ones too.

Best beach

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    I'm with JohnK on this. NW Scotland is hard to beat especially if you have a campervan , though Northumberland has some lovely ones too.
    Perissa Beach Santorini love the cliffs and church at the end of the beach
    Last edited by Spiceboy; 29-12-2018 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Spelling

Super Moderator
    Bird Island in the Seychelles is good. And the photos do it justice

https://www.birdislandseychelles.com

John K's comments also apply to many of the beaches on the N and W coasts of Co. Donegal. Some of them are quiet little coves, others are miles long with only a couple of surfers to be seen. Some excellent hill country is also in close proximity and it is 'campervan heaven'.
    Also, beaches on the W coastlines of the Outer Hebrides.
    It's Ok banging-on about nice beaches in balmy foreign climes; but no good if they are too popular - I like to have 'paradise' to myself, it's what makes it 'paradise'.
    Last edited by wheezing donkey; 30-12-2018 at 01:54 AM.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Camusdarach Beach, Arisaig, Scotland. Big family holiday, running in the hills, swimming in the sea, drinking malt. A truly magical spot. Happy days.