Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gps watches

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gps watches

Can anyone recommend a gps watch & what do they cost .
    Thanks simon

There's a huge variety - £40 second hand up to several hundred pounds for a top of the range Suunto.

Really depends what features you want/need?

For in depth reviews of pretty much everything on the market, you could do worse than looking at the DC Rainmaker site.

Be very wary of earlier suunto, they are being made obsolete by suunto in 18 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark G View Post
    Be very wary of earlier suunto, they are being made obsolete by suunto in 18 months.
    That's what I meant with the earlier post. It's not just the Spartan, some of the earlier watches, particularly most ambits don't have Bluetooth so can't be used with the app. There's pages and pages of discussion on the 'suunto app forum'. They seem to be some suggestions that movescount might be kept going for these earlier watches - due I think to lots of angry feedback from disgruntled ambit users (including me). Ultimately I reluctantly bought a Spartan trainer - it has some good features, including the ability to set up intervals etc, but the watch face is a little small. I managed to get it at a good price from Go Outdoors on a price match against Wiggle, I think it was a little over £120. For that money it's pretty good but I would prefer the larger face)figures of a better version to make it a little easier to read. Don't rely on the wrist HR reading though,its very variable, I use a strap.

Thanks for advice & reply's.

....it's all downhill from here.

Ali, I see you’re in Leeds. I’m in Burley-In—Wharfedale & am selling a TomTom Runner GPS watch for my son. £25 & barely used if you’re interested?

Jez - would be interested in buying your sons watch for my daughter, would you post?

I got one now but thanks..

PM’d you Moel.