Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suunto warning.

Thanks Mike, I've got this message as well. The app is convenient but the crux of the matter will be whether or not Movescount is kept going - if in the future I can download my ambit to the app that's OK and much better than what seemed to be Suuntos original plan, but I'd much prefer to be able to continue using Movescount, not least due to the ability to view/plan/customise etc over a big screen. There was a great deal of support for continuing movescount on the suunto forum so hopefully they might do so.

Got an e-mail from Suunto recently. Looks like they've listened to the complaints. Good news for old Ambit owners.

"Our web service will continue to evolve in 2020. We will no longer call it Movescount and its role in our services will be to enable key functionality (including watch settings, routes and sport mode customization) for Ambit (1, 2 and 3) and Traverse family watches only. We are planning these web-based updates for the second half of 2020 and will keep everyone updated on the changes coming. No changes are happening right away."
    Mike Quinn
    Esk Valley Fell Club

Update on older Suunto watches. Movescount will still be available to edit settings on the older watches although no time scale given as to how long this will be for. However, Suunto Link has to be used to sync runs with Suunto App and Strava etc.

Nice to know I can still use my watch in pretty much the same way as previously although when I get a chance I'm going to upload everything I can think of onto my watch in case Movescount is withdrawn at some point. Having said that the battery seems to be on its way out now after 7 years of regular use.

"Dear Suunto Community,
    As we have shared since January 2019, we are transitioning our digital services to Suunto app. Throughout this time, we’ve focused on answering the changing needs of our customers with a constantly evolving and modern mobile service.
    We are now reaching the final stage of this transition, which means your Moves will soon only sync to Suunto app through SuuntoLink (an upgrade from Moveslink2). You will still be able to edit settings, customize sport modes and sync routes through Movescount web. Syncing Moves to Movescount web is scheduled to end on October 27th."
    Mike Quinn
    Esk Valley Fell Club

Yes, I noticed this - thanks. I'm increasingly annoyed with my Suunto failing to know where I am. I have had it a while, but I'm going to try a Garmin next.