Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Six Nations 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    My my. There are some things I have yet to experience or understand: morris dancing, sodomy...and rugby and now in my declining years I fear I may have left it too late.
    I believe there are social media apps where one can enquire about local opportunities. There may well be similar ones for morris dancing and rugby.

I'm glad I could help.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I believe there are social media apps where one can enquire about local opportunities. There may well be similar ones for morris dancing and rugby.

I'm glad I could help.
    So that's why so many men have mobile phones!
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Banned
    Bread of heaven
    Or
    Land of my father

Well done Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Bread of heaven
    Or
    Land of my father

Well done Wales
    Agreed. Wales played with great spirit and plenty of guile too. England, after a half-decent start, completely lost the plot.
    Am Yisrael Chai

I wonder if that was the "foregone conclusion" that the expert on everything, Dr P Barry, was referring to in a previous Story post?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I'm stunned! I really did not expect we would pull it off. As someone said in the press last week, this side have forgotten how to lose. Commiserations to England but they needed a plan b and were found wanting.
    Cymru am bydd!

I was sat beside the river Severn fishing near Welshpool with my radio beside me. Just as much excitement and tension, I couldn't believe it at the end, the commentator completely lost it when the final try went over.

I caught two stonking big chub for the icing on the cake

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I wonder if that was the "foregone conclusion" that the expert on everything, Dr P Barry, was referring to in a previous Story post?
    No, it was very much wishful thinking but what a great result, congratulations Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    No, it was very much wishful thinking but what a great result, congratulations Wales.
    I was a great game wasn't it Pat? After a lifetime of watching football live and on the box I have started to get a bit cheesed off with it. The play acting, cheating and general boorish behaviour is starting to wear a bit thin despite Manchester City's current form. I actually went to a local rugby club and watched a live game. There wasn't a single questioning of the referee's decisions, it was great. I'm still not completely au fait with the rules but it was a really enjoyable afternoon out.

Now I know most of you 'ard as nails Northern Chaps could not give a stuff about what you dismissively call 'Kick and Clap' but I am very worried about developments in he game.
    Like it or loathe it, it cannot be argued that the 6 nations is a treasured competition bringing together the Toffs and the Toughs to cheer on the greatest gladiatorial contest of modern timers. It is a game of the people and for the people. But now the 6 nations administration are considering selling the CVC. This is a death knell! Those asset stripping b*stards have destroyed F1 as a free to air spectator sport in the UK. Now, you might not give a stuff about F1 and thats fair enough. But to subject something as wonderful as the 6 nations to the same process wold be a crime against humanity!!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth