Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Six Nations 2019

Apologies for all the typos but I am MUCH more exercised about this than Brexit/GPS/Always Injured rolled into 1!!
    As the great Bill Shankley said, its much more important than that!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Oh, and its even worse than the great Gravy Boys hijack!!!!!!!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Super Moderator

It does look like one of those times when the powers that be decide they all want more slices of pie; the game, the players and the fans are all secondary.
    Not sure where it will all end or where we shall all be after the world cup.

But I know where I shall be this Saturday (pub) and who we will all be cheering for. I'm excited and nervous already, the 6 nations does that

Banned
    Sell sell sell.

PS come on Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I've watched the 6N since I was at school in the 1970s and started playing the game myself, and the 6N has always been the pinnacle for me. I guess I'm like many and only watch free-to-air TV rugby coverage as I resent having to buy some over priced poxy day pass on TV and then have to endured inane adverts directed a me for the pleasure of spending my own cash to watch! If some hedge-fund like CVC buys up or controls the 6N, that'll be the end of free-to-air TV coverage. I guess many fans, like me, will then just vote with our feet. Rugby U doesn't have the viewer numbers of say football so the popularity of the game may nose-dive further. Pay Wall Cricket seems to have gone the same way already and CVC has (reportedly) spoiled F1.

I've found watching Keswick RUFC play at home, or my friends son play school matches on a Saturday morning just as entertaining, without the stench of some corporate greed-machine.

There's always women's rugby and 7s too, with some fantastic skills levels.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Same here Mossy. The first moment I ever loved was Andy Irvine kicking a last minute penalty to beat England 16-14 in 1974!

Look, I am lucky enough to easily afford a Sky subscription but it is antithetical to me. I pay my license fee quite happily in return for ad free enjoyment of great sporting events. But F1 has gone now and 6 Nations may go the same way. Terrible!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Congratulations to Wales - fantastic performance throughout the 6N 2019 and especially today against the pre-competition favourites - really formidable.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Super Moderator
    Amazingly disciplined performance. Anscombe was an utter machine

A fantastic win by Wales today. A great performance built on fearless defence where the credit must go to, a convert from Stagger's minority little pastime, Shaun Edwards. And if I remember correctly England didn't think he was a good enough coach.
    Wales will have to improve to be anywhere near lifting the World Cup though!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog