Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New political party?

Banned

New political party?

After a few from Labour and a couple from the tories resigned, are we seeing a political change or just PR stunts.

The SDP and Farge tried but amounted to nothing?

Will this be different?

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    After a few from Labour and a couple from the tories resigned, are we seeing a political change or just PR stunts.

The SDP and Farge tried but amounted to nothing?

Will this be different?
    I'm not sure how Farage amounted to nothing. They were the largest party in the 2014 European Elections and arguably there wouldn't have been a referendum but for them.

The "Indis" will probably amount to nothing.

The one common thread they have is to offer a 2nd referendum because they claim the facts have changed. Clearly the facts have changed for their constituents, but they refuse to offer them a 2nd chance.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Super Moderator
    I’m really excited. I’ve been fascinated with politics since I was a wee lad

Saying Farge (sic) tried but amounted to nothing is interesting. You don’t think he had any influence in Brexit bearing in mind his ‘trying’ was pretty much just about us leaving Europe and that’s now looking reasonably likely to happen?

Banned
    Your both correct in the fact that we had the referendum and Farge was instrumental in that but as a party I'm not overly impressed.

Super Moderator
    I’m not sure anyone saw UKIP as a ‘normal’ political party did they?

Suppose it all depends on if a no-deal brexit happens. If it does they could well get enough defections to create the necessary critical mass of MPs to allow them to win seats in the joke of an electoral system in this country called FPTP.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post

The one common thread they have is to offer a 2nd referendum because they claim the facts have changed. Clearly the facts have changed for their constituents, but they refuse to offer them a 2nd chance.
    I agree. The 11 MP's who have left their party's so far come across as sensible people when they speak but the reality is that they are snakes in the grass, feeding from the same trough as the rest of them, and will continue to do so until the next election.
    To gain any respect they should stand down and fight a by-election but they are too self centered and arrogant for that to even cross their minds.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Super Moderator
    I agree to an extent re by-elections but think the eleven have made self-less and brave decisions to walk away from their parties stating why they’ve done it

Super Moderator
    As an aside I guess everyone is okay with me closing down all the other dull political threads on here? They’ve kind of run their time haven’t they and this one seems more positive, forward thinking and relevant 😏

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I agree to an extent re by-elections but think the eleven have made self-less and brave decisions to walk away from their parties stating why they’ve done it
    But not self-less and brave enough to let those who voted for them have their say.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog