Thread: Torn Retina

Torn Retina

I had this diagnosed on Monday morning and got a hospital appointment and laser treatment yesterday. Mighty impressed by our NHS - they got onto this very quickly.

I've got a further checkup in 3 weeks to see if the laser-welding in my left eye has held. In the meantime, no running, no indoor rowing, no horse-riding and generally no f-ing anything that makes my head jolt or that's fun and makes life frilling - Grrrhh. Washing up and cooking are still ok though

Anyone else had this, and if so, were you able to successful get back to all of those physical activities eventually afterwards?

Also, how long do those floating cobweb things hang around in your eye(s)?
    Am Yisrael Chai

A very good pal of mine had this. He had the same restrictions as you but is now back to running and generally sodding around in the hills! Good luck...hope it sticks!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    A very good pal of mine had this. He had the same restrictions as you but is now back to running and generally sodding around in the hills! Good luck...hope it sticks!
    Cheers Wheeze. I really appreciate the reply and positive info. Keep On Sodding Around in the Hills is very much a motto I want to live up to
    Am Yisrael Chai

How did your check up go Mossy?
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth