Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Fellrunning 2019

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Is there anyone left without Max Wainwright in their team?
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Is there anyone left without Max Wainwright in their team?
    Yeah, I'm feeling a bit leftout.

Might be worth noting though that the one runner in common in the leading teams from each league is Tom Saville.
    Last edited by BillJ; 11-04-2019 at 02:56 PM.
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

Max Wainwright is this season's Billy Cartwright or Dan Haworth

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    Max Wainwright is this season's Billy Cartwright or Dan Haworth
    I feel like one of the handful of people who liked the unlistenable-to early Manic Street Preachers stuff. Who then criticise those new fans as jumping on the bandwagon.

"Well of course, I had Max in my team way back in March!"

Interesting that Max was fastest on all the descent legs of the Howgills race.

he has form - just about held me off on the last descent at Cautley last year
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

The cup knockout will start at Mourne Highline on Sat 27th April.

We'll use the race after it (Y Moelwyn) for replays if they are necessary, otherwise it will be for round 2.

You choose 6 runners to represent you in the cup tie. Two of these runners must be from your league team, but the other four can be anyone you like. There is no need to have a mix of men and women and its irrelevant how many pints they cost. This is our chance to select the very best runners. Who do you think will win?

Points for each runner are scored in exactly the same way as the normal league scoring, and the team with the higher score will go through to the next round, eliminating their opponents.

You can change your team any number of times, as long as its before the start of the race (the first start if there are separate mens and womens starts).

If you don't post a team, your normal league team will represent you, with only 4 runners.

If you get through to subsequent rounds, you must post a new team for each tie, otherwise it will again be your normal league team who will represent you, not the team you posted for the previous tie.

Since we have more than 32 teams, a few of the first round ties will be between 3 teams - only one of the three will go through.
    The draw for the first round is:

Baa room back enders (fellgazelle,TSD) - vs - Hanging onto Past Glories (Mrs Weetabix Power,TSD) - vs Under the Radar (RaceTheSweeper,K)

Bayston Hillbillies (Dr Bob,K) - vs - Raho's Rascals (John Raho,K) - vs - Going Downhill Fast (Sam W,BS)

Bleaklow Bandits (TheDarkSide,K) - vs - X-Talents (TurboTom,BS) - vs - Here we go (So Wood,K)

Boing Boing Super Matlock (Jelly Dealz,TSD) - vs - Cobbled Classics (BarryRoubaix,TSD)

Fantasy That (ultralazyrunner,K) - vs - The Longest Cul de sac (Daletownrunner,K)

Favourite Fellsters (millipede,TSD) - vs - alexander the great (inspector gadget,TSD)

Footloose Four (BillJ,K) - vs - The good, the bad and the spudly (Spud,K)

Herberts Harriers (Also Ran,TSD) - vs - Misty Mountain Hopscotch (Stabbsy,TSD)

Kunama Kings (biaraV2,K) - vs - Brighty Bunch (mr brightside,TSD)

Le quatre fabuleux (dangilbert,BS) - vs - Scrambled Legs (joelaw,K)

Maximum Wainwrights (noel,TSD) - vs - Otleyterati (DinoF,K)

No-eye deer (anthonykay,BS) - vs - Pint O'Pride (TheHell I will,BS) - vs - CSKA Coventry (Travs,TSD)

Not another Dark Peak Team (JonP,BS) - vs - The Dark Peaky Blinders (The Elk,TSD)

The Russians are Coming (Lova,K) - vs - Keep Them Dogies Rollin (Weetabix Power,TSD)

Wear Brown and Prosper (loudsmallrunner,BS) - vs - Gizbra Gonads (ba-ba,TSD) - vs - Mappers Marvels (mapper,BS)

You Ain't Seen Me, Right! (Llani Boy,TSD) - vs - New Life's Good (Stagger,BS)
    Last edited by BillJ; 13-04-2019 at 02:05 PM. Reason: formatting

Quote Originally Posted by So Wood View Post
    Revamped Here we go team please
    Rachel Parker
    Max Wainwright
    Carl Bell
    Sharon Taylor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam W View Post
    Thanks Bill. Cup team as follows (before I forget):
    Tom Saville (league)
    Hannah Russell (league)
    Jasmin Paris (guest)
    Carl Bell (guest)
    I'm sorry So Wood and Sam W - I gave you duff information. Its actually 6 runners (4 guests) - I'd forgotten that I'd changed the format last year.
    I hope you see this and are able to add a couple more runners to your teams...

Quote Originally Posted by BillJ View Post
    I'm sorry So Wood and Sam W - I gave you duff information. Its actually 6 runners (4 guests) - I'd forgotten that I'd changed the format last year.
    I hope you see this and are able to add a couple more runners to your teams...
    No worries, Bill. Can I add Rob Jebb & Sharon Taylor as guests for cup team please.

Cup team for Mr Forgetful

Daniel Haworth, Tom Saville

Carl Bell, Rob Jebb
    Sharon Taylor, Hannah Russell

Ta, Bill
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Bill,
    I’ll have the entirety of my team and then the Helm Hill super couple for the cup please.