Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Fellrunning 2019

Before I forget, I'll go with:
    Max Wainwright and Hannah Russell from my team and
    Kelli Roberts, Rachel Parker, Mark Lamb and Matt Elkington as guests.

Thanks Bill

Sub for my league team please:
    Rhys FR out for Rachel Parker please.
    Cup team: Rachel Parker, Max Wainwright.
    Then Mark Lamb, Kelli Roberts, Sharon Taylor & Carl Bell please

hi bill.late change,robb jebb and jack wood out,carl bell and finlay wild in thanks,alexander the great

Cup team Bill will be Hannah n Max from regular team
    Plus Kelli, Sharon, Finlay and as I'm playing Alexander the Great I'll gamble on Alexander Chepelin. May the best team win IG.

Not seen any results for this yet but Fin Wild took the win & the record in the men’s. I think Jill Stephenson (HBT) won the women’s from Kelli Roberts. Not sure about anything else! Great race & games.

Results: http://www.scottishhillracing.co.uk/...&RaceYear=2019

I got the women’s 1-2 the wrong way round. Interesting to see Scottish men take 1-2-3, 5-6. Be good to see what a strong contingent from Scotland could do over a British Champs series.

They do seem to travel less than even the Cumbrians!
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Banned
    Which area/club travels the best?

Or

Is it just the potential/hopeful winner's?

I reckon the Peak clubs travel the best.... Dark Peak and Pennine... possibly because of a more central location relative to Shropshire, Wales, Lakes, Yorkshire races.

Rarely see many lakes vests outside of their local races, unless a Champs race... but if the fells are already on your doorstep, would you be inclined to travel 3 hours to another area?

Also a big shout out to my fellow Midlands/Southern racers, who have to travel miles for all races, often on their own...!

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Which area/club travels the best?

Or

Is it just the potential/hopeful winner's?
    I’m sure ba-ba is being a little facetious here! I’d say that Ambleside, Helm Hill, Keswick, Calder Valley, DP, Pennine & Mercia (women) all put in a good showing at champs races.

Of the Scottish clubs, Shettleston seem to put out the biggest contingent at British champs races - though they are a big athletics club in Glasgow, with some road runners at near elite standard.

At Scottish (non-champs) races I’ve done, Ochil put out our a good contingent, along with HBT, Carnethy & Westerlands. It’s worth remembering that all these clubs are based in the Central Belt - Lochaber is a big club & Deeside have some fine runners (Robbie Simpson: Commonwealth Marathon bronze medalist, no less!) but both Fort William & Deeside are quite a way up north!

Eryri seem to be the best represented Welsh club, with Mynydd Du putting out a decent contingent too.

From a practical point of view, the English based clubs have the easier travel options, so it makes sense that they’d get the best showing.

On current form, I suspect Finlay Wild would win the British Champs (& probably the English, if he was affiliated to an English club), but he seems to be doing quite a few Skyraces on the continent (hell, I would if I were that good!)