Thread: Incoming!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Incoming!

Thought I'd join up and say hi!
    I have been running for about three months now - not sure what spurred the decision as I have been a cyclist for more decades than I care to admit, zero experience of running on tarmac or otherwise - but I bought a pair of Walshes from Pete Bland's on a recent visit to my see my Dad, and started plodding up and down the hills where I live (Basque Country) and the bikes have sat untouched since Boxing Day.
    Ignoring most advice, I started by going out four or five times a week on the 'fells', even entered a couple of local trail races, so I've had quite a wide range of niggles from lost toenails to unhappy achilles, and am currently resting/icing a Very Sore Knee, surprise surprise. So I've used the downtime to join the FRA and a club, Black Combe, which kind of makes sense as I visit family in South Lakes a few times a year and hope to get along for some club runs and of course to plod around at the back of any races up there, should the planets align.
    Next race is a 30k (here), which is double what I've run so far, and the time cuts seem pretty strict for me. Just over two weeks to get this knee sorted, then.

Well that was more than I was planning to write. Hope to see some of you on the tops, or at least on here answering my daft questions!
    Last edited by bob_summers; 07-03-2019 at 11:51 AM.