Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: 2019 Attempt - Absurd??

  1. #41
    Thanks! The stagecoach website suggests it is possible, but some stuff on the internet make it sound like Dunmail is only a request stop and I'd get stuck there, which I'm not hugely keen for...

  2. #42
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    1,026
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    I can't remember if the bus actually stops at Dunmail, but you need the 555 Lancaster to Keswick, I think.
    https://www.cumbria.gov.uk/eLibrary/...4339191327.pdf
    Bus stop just down road towards Ambleside. If you have running/outdoor gear on you'll also easily be able to hitch a lift back. I do it regularly no probs.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    Bus stop just down road towards Ambleside. If you have running/outdoor gear on you'll also easily be able to hitch a lift back. I do it regularly no probs.
    Great, thanks!

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    116
    A bit late now (hope you had a great run). From experience I have found it better to park just outside Grasmere, take the bus to Keswick then run back to the car. It saves missing the last bus of the day.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by PiesAreGood View Post
    A bit late now (hope you had a great run). From experience I have found it better to park just outside Grasmere, take the bus to Keswick then run back to the car. It saves missing the last bus of the day.
    Thank you! Will note that for next time. I did have to end up cutting down from Grisedale Tarn without going up Fairfield or Seat Sandal to make sure I didn't miss the last bus. To be honest after eight hours in the sun without enough water it wasn't too much of a shame. I drove out to Newlands the next day and looped round the fells of leg 5, too.

    I've had to put plans for an attempt on hold this summer, though - had an episode of irregular heartbeat and not allowed to drive till they're sure it's nothing to worry about, so the logistics of it have become too difficult. As people said to me when I first asked, I've already had a great summer of running!

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Blah Blah View Post
    I've had to put plans for an attempt on hold this summer, though - had an episode of irregular heartbeat and not allowed to drive till they're sure it's nothing to worry about, so the logistics of it have become too difficult. As people said to me when I first asked, I've already had a great summer of running!
    Sorry to read this. Hope it does turn out to be nothing to worry about and that you are back to good form quickly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •