Thread: Carding Mill Calf

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill

Carding Mill Calf

I didn't feel anything untoward during the race, but the day after the Carding Mill Canter I noticed a bit of stiffness in my left calf. I rested it for a week, but when running the following Saturday I had to walk after about a mile and a half. Since then I have been doing a bit of cycling, no running, but in today's sunshine I decided to try it on a little circuit near my home that usually takes about 12 minutes. After 7 minutes I walked the rest of the way.

I have a history of calf injuries, but previously always down at the Achilles tendon, and I know the exercises to deal with that. But this one is only a few inches below the back of the knee. It's one of those annoying little niggles that isn't particularly painful, but won't go away. I think a trip to the physio may be in order.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Why don't you give Anna Soubry a call. She thinks she knows everything about everything!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Saw the physio today. I've got lots of exercises to do to strengthen my soleus.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Master
    I always reckon that an injury is fully healed when the corresponding part of the other leg hurts more than the injured leg. I am now confident that my left calf is fully healed.
    Jorge Luis Borges