Thread: Waterproof smock

Waterproof smock

Hi

Started running on the fells again after a 15 year break.....my 18yr old Patagonia waterproof is disintegrating!

Has anyone tried this smock?

https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/...running-smock/

Regards

Moel

Hi Moel, yep I’ve got the same one, I reckon it’s ok, I took a punt thinking that for the price, if it fell to bits I hadn’t spent a lot, it’s kept me dry in the rain and feels reasonably breathable,the hood works well as well, I’ve pretty much worn it all winter rain or shine, it’s still holding up, I was also..as we could say on the larger side of medium when I bought it, I didn’t want to spend a lot on something that I am still in the process of growing out of I’ll probably just recoat it before next winter and wear it til destruction

Cheers Daletown runner - looks like it will do the job! Any idea how much it weighs (not that it will make much difference compared to the body mass I lug round the fells!)

I’ll stick it on the kitchen scales and get back to you

Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    I’ll stick it on the kitchen scales and get back to you

215g in a medium on the trusty kitchen scales, lighter than a Kamleika I think

....and they say real science is dead! Love it.
    A circular route mostly downhill

Brill - thanks - though in all honesty taken in the context of the size of my (admittedly shrinking) gut - shaving 100g off the weight of a smock is a little like throwing a deckchair off the titanic to make it sink more slowly

Thanks again

Moel

Quote Originally Posted by Moel View Post
    Brill - thanks - though in all honesty taken in the context of the size of my (admittedly shrinking) gut - shaving 100g off the weight of a smock is a little like throwing a deckchair off the titanic to make it sink more slowly

Thanks again

Moel
    Ha no worries Moel, I’m with you there, when I bought mine jacket weight wasn’t high on my agenda