Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 137

Thread: Farage NEW PM

  1. #41
    Master noel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Mountains of Cheshire
    Posts
    5,014
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    Why did he not use a queue of white people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I don't know...
    Yes you do WP. Don't pretend to be stupid. He used a queue of non-white people because he knew it would have more of an effect.
    No longer "resting"

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    Why did he not use a queue of white people?
    I am nothing to do with him or his party. I suspect I can answer the question.

    I presume because he wanted to use a real picture of refugees in a column in proving EU policy failed. In this case the mirgant stream through Austria to Germany if I recollect it aright.

    That actually happened and created massive arguments at the time between many EU countries from which the EU has never recovered. It is EU recent history, I am surprised you missed it. It also cost Merkel her premiership in time. So nothing to do with Farage or his party inventing a problem. All to do with highlighting an actual problem in EU.

    I am sure if you showed him a picture focussing on such a mass migration which happens to show white people he would probably use that as well or instead.

    But I assume in making such a suggestion, you do actually HAVE such a picture before make the somewhat inane suggestion he should use a different picture to the factual one ? Do you think he should use a real picture, or do you think he should invent one with as you say white people to avoid offending your sense of political correctness? Myself I prefer the real picture.

    Trouble is Pat. Whenever I challenge you on points of fact or detail on EU, you never seem to answer. But I would Refrain from calling other people racists Pat. It might get you into trouble, if it is without basis, it is ergo libellous. Brexiteers have had enough of it.
    Last edited by Oracle; 15-04-2019 at 03:53 PM.

  3. #43
    Master Witton Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Blackburn
    Posts
    6,697
    Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Yes you do WP. Don't pretend to be stupid. He used a queue of non-white people because he knew it would have more of an effect.
    "I don't know, but I assume as it was in reference to Turkey. It was an awful poster, not relevant to any of what I posted."


    Noel - come on - why are you now utilising selective quoting to mislead? I can't say any more than what I did, but just like many you selectively snippet, as if I hadn't given a full and frank answer, when actually I had.

    It seems you agree with my assumption, but seem to think I disagree with my own assumption
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

  4. #44
    Master noel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Mountains of Cheshire
    Posts
    5,014
    Sorry WP. I didn't mean to selectively snip. I think my comment could equally have been applied to your whole sentence. I think it's pretty obvious why he chose to use non-white people in the poster, and I think you side-stepped what Pat was getting at.
    No longer "resting"

  5. #45
    Master noel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Mountains of Cheshire
    Posts
    5,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I assume Turkey was awful. I can't say any more when actually I disagree with my own assumption.
    But you're right it is annoying when (sometimes deliberate) mis-snips change what you were saying.
    No longer "resting"

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Sorry WP. I didn't mean to selectively snip. I think my comment could equally have been applied to your whole sentence. I think it's pretty obvious why he chose to use non-white people in the poster, and I think you side-stepped what Pat was getting at.
    So how do you respond to my answer Noel? Because the picture is a real point of EU history. The migration from turkey and others , through austria to germany, blocked at some borders if It is what I think. It started arguments that still rage today and was a massive failure in EU policy and cohesion.

    A queue of white people would have had to be faked, as would a backstory for it. Unless you remember something I don't? So Pats suggestion is fatuous and a complete straw man. And judging by previous remarks I suspect Pat would be the first to call out such a fake, if Farage had used one, in an attempt to undermine farage by any means.
    Is even the truth now expendable in remainers relentless attack on brexiteers?


    Background:
    I think the cheapshot of calling others racist is disgraceful unless with proof of intent. Brexiteers have had enough of it
    Last edited by Oracle; 15-04-2019 at 04:37 PM.

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Over Haddon
    Posts
    482
    If we thought the Brexit shambles was making Great Britain the laughing stock of the world it has just been trumped by the decision to give Shamima Begum legal aid. That really takes the biscuit!

    The only upside will be even less people voting for the Con/Lab/Lib parties in the next election.

    We need change quickly before this country slides any further down the shithole
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

  8. #48
    Master noel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Mountains of Cheshire
    Posts
    5,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    So how do you respond to my answer Noel?
    I'm not answering, in a deliberate attempt to encourage you to get out running now your knee is better.

    But seriously. My take on it is that Farage wasn't saying "look at the all these people who are going to Germany" like you seem to be suggesting. I think he knew full well this would be interpreted by many as "look at all these people who will come to the UK if you don't support us leaving". If you're talking about fatuous arguments - maybe you'd like to start with this.

    And regarding Turkey. That was another scare story. There was no way Turkey was going to be allowed to join the EU. Yes, it had been previously discussed, but at the time was getting more and more unlikely. Am I right in saying it could have been vetoed (and still can) by a single country? How likely do you think it is that the UK would have said yes after the various arrests of journalists etc?
    No longer "resting"

  9. #49
    Master noel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Mountains of Cheshire
    Posts
    5,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    If we thought the Brexit shambles was making Great Britain the laughing stock of the world it has just been trumped by the decision to give Shamima Begum legal aid. That really takes the biscuit!
    She was a minor when she left - I wonder if this affected the decision.
    No longer "resting"

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I'm not answering, in a deliberate attempt to encourage you to get out running now your knee is better.

    But seriously. My take on it is that Farage wasn't saying "look at the all these people who are going to Germany" like you seem to be suggesting. I think he knew full well this would be interpreted by many as "look at all these people who will come to the UK if you don't support us leaving". If you're talking about fatuous arguments - maybe you'd like to start with this.

    And regarding Turkey. That was another scare story. There was no way Turkey was going to be allowed to join the EU. Yes, it had been previously discussed, but at the time was getting more and more unlikely. Am I right in saying it could have been vetoed (and still can) by a single country? How likely do you think it is that the UK would have said yes after the various arrests of journalists etc?
    The accession of turkey is hardly relevant. The volume of migrants and refugees is. Add the fact that brussels demands all take a share, and once in the EU they are free to travel.

    The high population density in England is higher than most eu countries, combined with a 10 percent population increase. Something no migrant brings is accomodation, and even the most optimistic house forecasts do not get close to prior migrant numbers. So we have an issue with numbers. It is why we have a problem, and it is why we must control numbes. Farages photo radiates "big numbers" which could be because there were big numbers! Germany took 500000 I recollect!

    Despite welcoming tenants of several nationalities I see the flaws in the policies that cause them to migrate here. Until EU solves its own nightmare policies leading to scorched earth in some countries, we have to restrict numbers.

    Farage is not Tommy Robinson. The word racist should never be used a cheapshot. Using afake white photograph rather than real one as a sop to correctness is ridiculous. Are you going to ask the BBC to fake news photos, to make all stories race or gender neutraL as well?

    I come back to what I said. Accusing anyone of racism without proof of intent is libellous,and cheapshots like Pats are scandalous. Brexiteers have had enough of it. If you detect anger it is because I am angry.
    Last edited by Oracle; 15-04-2019 at 04:59 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •