Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Farage NEW PM

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Why would a Labour supporter read the Express? 2% haha
    Which is true, The express is primarily Tory, but consider this: a proportion of the brexit party are also disaffected labour betrayed by parliament, and since the express poll shows ALL the tories are voting brexit party as well, then the party is unstoppable. They will reek havoc in the EU with such as Le pen and Salvini.

Barnier decided to be as awkward as he could and frustrate all negotiations from even taking place, let alone an equitable deal. He was Completely the wrong man for he job. He should have been careful in what he wished for. He will live to regret it.
    Last edited by Oracle; 25-04-2019 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Not very scientific, but a readers poll from North Wales has the following voting intentions for the EU Elections next month.

Brexit 45%
    LibDem 17%
    ChangeUK 8%
    Plaid Cymru 7%
    Labour 7%
    UKIP 5%
    Tories 1%

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/nor...paign=sharebar
    That would be incredible. Very interesting. I wonder what the odds are on the Brexit party getting a majority of MEPs then them having to sit in the European parliament for another 2 years while we ask for yet another extension.

On that subject, I notice things have gone pretty quiet on the Brexit negotiations front. "Yes, it's very important and all that, but we'd like a few days' holiday first." There's nothing like a deadline to focus minds.

Banned
    There is nothing to focus on

Eu have refused to negotiate from day one on trade, won't even negotiate the withdrawal non agreement.

MPs have stupidly backed us into a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    That would be incredible. Very interesting. I wonder what the odds are on the Brexit party getting a majority of MEPs then them having to sit in the European parliament for another 2 years while we ask for yet another extension.

On that subject, I notice things have gone pretty quiet on the Brexit negotiations front. "Yes, it's very important and all that, but we'd like a few days' holiday first." There's nothing like a deadline to focus minds.

Banned
    I agree. That can only mean a change in the electorates mind.

Big change coming 😂🤣😂

Super Moderator
    I had a QUICK look at the Express website. It’s hilarious; I nearly BURST with laughing. I was SHOCKED

Endless rubbish about the BREXIT and the Royals but no mention of the cabinet leak. It’s little better than National Enquirer or Viz. A COMIC in fact

Banned
    I had a QUICK look at the Express website. It’s hilarious; I nearly BURST with laughing. I was SHOCKED

Endless rubbish about the BREXIT and the Royals but no mention of the cabinet leak. It’s little better than National Enquirer or Viz. A COMIC in fact
    Please understand I am fairly contemptuous of all mainstream newspapers other than the guardian which does not even justify the title as newspaper, since it no longer tries to disguise the fact it is simply an opinion piece.

But you are simply not being objective:

Brexit does happen to be the most significant political event in current and recent history.

A simple search of " express huawei" shows - Three express stories broke over 24 hours ago, they broke it before any other, the most recent a cabinet ultimatum: time moves on.

Finally the royals are a major source of news ant interest other than amongst Corbyns communist republican thugs.

It also covers a massive fire at port talbot. Any objections?

You clearly are biased because other wise you would be more concerned at reading about Corbyn installing Laura murray as head of complaints arguably to increase the labour leaders office influence and tampering with anti Semitic complaints in a piece of blatant nepotism.

She like her father and boss are not fit for any office. Murrays lack of objectivity causing the libel action against her by Riley shows she is unfit for any investigative role. It is an impossible appointment Because She could arguably be there to interfere in the outcome of judicial process at corbyns behest, and at very best it destroys the illusion of any process independent of the leaders office from whence she came. That is news, considering how corbyn and momentum have already dragged labour into the gutter, now a target of equalities commission: Corbyn yet again sticking two fingers up at the Jewish community.

That is the political news story of the moment.
    You don't mention it: why?
    Last edited by Oracle; 26-04-2019 at 08:15 AM.

Super Moderator
    I didn’t mention Corbyn because my post was about the Express (website); specifically about the way it’s presented

I suspect your Brexit will barely scrape into the top ten news stories when our grandkids look back at the history of this century. It’s a non-event. A local skirmish on a small, not very important island that’s sadly becoming a laughing stock around the world
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Banned
    If you are balking at lack of objective news coverage you should question whhy Corbyn/Murray are not there

You were simply wrong about huawei. Express hammered it as a story, Like Laura Murray, you throw stones without investigation.

Brexit is the news story. Hopefully it will not remain so. It is not my brexit, Tory brexit or mays brexit. It is the democratic will of the people.

I didn’t mention Corbyn because my post was about the Express (website); specifically about the way it’s presented

I suspect your Brexit will barely scrape into the top ten news stories when our grandkids look back at the history of this century. It’s a non-event. A local skirmish on a small, not very important island that’s sadly becoming a laughing stock around the world

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Brexit is the news story. Hopefully it will not remain so
    Something we can agree on
    Poacher turned game-keeper

It is a TABLOID in fact. Fancy a tabloid running stories about the Royals, whatever next?

By the way the leak is mentioned in this article from yesterday.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ei-china-trade

And today, leak enquiry launched.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...vin-williamson