Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Farage NEW PM

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    That would upset a million anglers in the first week and lose their votes, oh hang on, he’s our benign dictator and doesn’t need votes.
    Sometimes when I am out for a long bike ride in the cold wind and the rain I ponder on what exactly is the point of angling.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 23-11-2023 at 04:32 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Are you really that old?
    Not quite old enough to have known Curly Hetchins before someone named a frame after him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark G View Post
    Not quite old enough to have known Curly Hetchins before someone named a frame after him.
    Not sure if this is a joke, a genuine mistake, or an attempt to flush out anyone on the forum who knows what a curly Hetchins actually is (it's not rude).

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Not sure if this is a joke, a genuine mistake, or an attempt to flush out anyone on the forum who knows what a curly Hetchins actually is (it's not rude).
    I am assuming that it is a joke (Mark G is quite knowledgeable about bikes). I did actually have a bike made by Alf Hetchins two years before he retired (my bike is frame number 13198; his last was apparently 13270).
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Only (H)Alf in jest...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark G View Post
    When I was a school boy in ...er...well anyway my chum and I used to loiter in the bike "sheds" (actually it had a sandstone roof - it being a posh school) and lust at curly stays and the first campagnolo 10 speed I ever saw.

Happiest days of my life - allegedly, although being poor I only had a Carlton.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Sometimes when I am out for a long bike ride in the cold wind and the rain I ponder on what exactly is the point of angling.
    It is to keep shimano making substantial profits, so they may further develop advanced cycle gears.
    Well you did ask!
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    It is to keep shimano making substantial profits, so they may further develop advanced cycle gears.
    Well you did ask!
    I gasp!

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    You heard it here first.

You should put a tenner on it WP. I suspect you'll get good odds - what with Farage having failed seven times to win a seat in the commons.

Although the UK economy isn't exactly flying at the moment, I'm not convinced there are many parallels with Argentina: https://www.reuters.com/markets/emer...0of%20180.7%25.
    185% !!

But you're right: at some point there will be something that disrupts the current two-party status quo in British politics.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...y-like-farage/

33% of all voters prepared to vote for a Farage led Reform UK Party.

Notably that breaks down to 43% of Tory voters and 25% of Labour voters.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...y-like-farage/

33% of all voters prepared to vote for a Farage led Reform UK Party.

Notably that breaks down to 43% of Tory voters and 25% of Labour voters.
    We are all doomed!