Thread: Fellsman 2019

Fellsman 2019

With the current warm and windy weather, is the route likely to be dry? I recall last time I did the event, there was some very soggy ground before Blea Moor, and on the top of Dodd Fell. Just wondering whether to get some waterproof socks, since wet feet and a long event is not good for my feet.

Thanks

Super Moderator
    I would have thought the route will be relatively dry hilltop. Good luck with your run

I am intending on using my Salomon Speedcross for it. Afraid wet feet are par for the course, cannot be avoided over that distance

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    I am intending on using my Salomon Speedcross for it. Afraid wet feet are par for the course, cannot be avoided over that distance
    Ultimate comfort for me, with Brooks Cascadia.

There's been an update to the route instructions (today), with the location of the additional checkpoint to ensure the new route to Middle Tongue is followed.

https://www.fellsman.org.uk/?page_id=312

I asked about what to do after the checkpoint, and it looks like you need to follow the track around (as shown on their map) rather than a direct line. Fellsman said...

"As far as I understand it, follow the track to the end. It looks a long way round but I don't think it actually is, and its a decent track. We really need to keep this landowner happy, he's been so helpful and its lambing season still so a stressful time."