Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mo farah. Spoilt brat?

Banned

Mo farah. Spoilt brat?

I took a dislike to mo farah, over his condescending nastiness towards Andy Vernon.
    Vernon Felt as I did, that a mo show with no real competition is not fun for spectators. Mo turned on vernon.

Fast forward: I began to question what was going on , a couple of years ago when a twitter photo Mo posted saying he was at font Romeu was later determined to be of the barcelona track instead, and taken at the very time when the now arrested drugs coach Aden was also in Barcelona with his elite Ethiopians. What was mo doing there?

Fast forward again: Now mo attacks gebresellassie in a marathon press conference ( how dare he use it that way?) apparently because of hailes alleged inaction after a hotel robbery. Gebresellassie replies that they actually fell out a long time before when mo wanted to bring that very same drugs coach into one of hailes hotels and Haile refused to allow mos guest! Ouch! But then Haile was president of ethiopian athletics then so had no choice anyway.

So what is mo? Spoilt brat?
    Truly Wronged? Misunderstood?
    Or doing something a lot worse.

Opinions?

One thing is seemingly true. He may run fast, but he is not the statesman that Usain Bolt or Haile Gebreselassie (or even such as Jess Ennis) have been.

Mo reminds me of many footballers, whose arrogance can develope as a square law of their ability. Except for Beckham. Some how he is still the kid that loves playing football, he didnt develope the attitude problem that sometimes goes with it.
    Last edited by Oracle; 26-04-2019 at 03:49 PM.

Banned
    Never been a fan.

Probably what I would expect.

Super Moderator
    I’m not a fan of Mo and thought his behaviour re Haile and the hotel very poor

Master
    Not a fan of Mo and agree with DT re Haile and the hotel, Mo has always struck me as a Prima Donna
    The older I get the Faster I was

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    I have seen both Mo and Haile run. Haile doesn't really run as such, he levitates, hardly making a sound.
    Mo does not. It is impressive and but does not feel natural. Make what you will of that.

Stick to Fell Racing: 'the complete lack of bullshit' and all those smiling faces coming over the Finish line.

Ignore all the false modesty at the start though!
    Measure the whole Surface of the Earth with our own feet. Don Quixote

Super Moderator
    Brilliant summary Eddie

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie D View Post
    Stick to Fell Racing: 'the complete lack of bullshit' and all those smiling faces coming over the Finish line.

Ignore all the false modesty at the start though!
    Lack of b/s? What about some of the creative/pathetic excuses made in advance of the race, and more than a few afterwards! But it's true. You need to be a road runner to scowl properly!

I've never met the guy. I hear he runs quickly - I'm not that interested.

His name/number on his vest today says it all!

Perhaps the politicians and civil servants should refrain from bestowing honours on younger people, especially sportsmen/women whose reflected glory they like to bask in, until their career is over to avoid situations like that of Wiggins, Froome, Christie, Farah and the like.

Skeletons sometimes take a while to emerge from that cupboard!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog